Movie Forums Top 100 of the 2010s - Preliminary Thread

→ in
Tools    

I can't see the results, but I know what's on my Top 100 list, and I think some of these movies don't have much of a chance to make the countdown.
Heh, heh. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I'll guess that there will be 50-100 movies that are obscure enough that very few of the folks will have heard of...

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I can't see the results, but I know what's on my Top 100 list, and I think some of these movies don't have much of a chance to make the countdown.
Heh, heh. Don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I'll guess that there will be 50-100 movies that are obscure enough that very few of the folks will have heard of...

I used to having a lot of the movies on my list not making the countdown, and for most countdowns, I usually don't have most of the top ten movies on my list.

It doesn't bother me. I just enjoy watching the movies and creating my list.

I forgot the opening line.
My ballot is in - a good decade for films, the 2010s.

I always play the unofficial "1-pointer" game - trying to pick the absolute best out of the seriously underseen or unknown.

Latest Review : Le Circle Rouge (1970)

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Wow, I will say it's awesome to see the level of involvement in this forum. I have only been on and off the forums over the past 20 years or so, but stopping in every once and awhile it seems it's only growing and maintaining its presence. This makes me happy that some things haven't changed. (Note - I've recently been on a bit more as I've subscribed to Criterion Online and am now revisiting some of these old stomping grounds)

What... oh yeah, right... ballot for the 2010s submitted! Whew, barely made it!

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Sent.
  • IMDb ratings range from 8.3 to 6.3
  • Every year of the decade is represented at least once except 2019
  • Two of them have a cast of over 200 whilst four of them have a cast of under twenty

My ballot:
Films by women directors...4

Not that I was conscious of the director's gender when composing my top 25. Mostly I don't even recognize the director's names or faces besides a couple of big names.

Waiting until the very last minute to send in a ballot is not WISE

Your internet could go down!
Or any number of life's challenges could come up causing someone to completely miss out and then you'll be doing this

Full disclosure, I got the message only like 4 days ago and I rewatched nothing in preparation. I only put in 10 movies,

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Have received the reminder from @Yoda

My list is surprisingly loaded with Ryan Gosling.
Same, though Tom Hardy is the most represented actor on my top 25.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
My ballot:

Not that I was conscious of the director's gender when composing my top 25. Mostly I don't even recognize the director's names or faces besides a couple of big names.
Interesting! I didn't think about this either when making my ballot but checking now, it's 3 and a half. I knew who most of the directors were, only three I had to check and two of those I've already forgotten again.

Society ennobler, last seen in Medici's Florence
I have in my ballot:
  • 3 directors with more than one film
  • 9 non-English language productions
  • 2 co-productions using English language by non-English lang. directors
  • Not a single actor more than once in a leading role (about three actors in supporting roles more than once)
  • The leading parts in seven of the films are performed by actors in their seventies. Wow!!!
  • Only one year is not represented in the ballot though I've strongly considered three movies of that year in my initial selection.

The truth is in here
Interesting! I didn't think about this either when making my ballot but checking now, it's 3 and a half. I knew who most of the directors were, only three I had to check and two of those I've already forgotten again.
You two are progressive. I only had one.

My ballot:

Same here, but now that I checked, I have 5 films directed/co-directed by women. Ironically, 4 of them are foreign. Take from that what you may.

And those that know me can probably guess 3 or 4 of those, so I'll shut up now