2016(ish) horror film, man’s consciousness travels through his friends

Tools    

Only seen it once but really liked it and the title’s gone out of my mind. Some people wouldn’t even classify it as a horror film as it’s so understated, very much in the vein of They Look Like People, We Go On, etc. Pretty low-key, low-budget, etc; the sort of thing that’s described as “underseen”.

It’s about a man’s consciousness travelling through his friends’ bodies after his death (this was also the byline on the likes of imdb, pretty much word to word). I think it had a three-word title. It could have also had a pronoun in the title (maybe “I”/“me”), but that’s pure speculation.

Setting very domestic-focused, mainly his house, his backyard, the friends’ houses, the dead man’s girlfriend/wife (?). They sit there and we see his consciousness enter them. There’s voiceover from the protagonist. I’m pretty sure it’s from 2016 but could of course be wrong. There isn’t much by way of a plot beyond that, or I’d have described it.

Thanks to everyone in advance. Annoying that no matter now well you log things, the brain still has its blank-outs.

Sounds interesting, but I have no clue what it might be!

EDIT: LOL, this was a useless post.

I assume English-language? Any memory of whether it was British or American?

Sounds interesting, but I have no clue what it might be!

EDIT: LOL, this was a useless post.

I assume English-language? Any memory of whether it was British or American?
I’m pretty sure it’s American. A bit like Spring too tone-wise… not that this helps.

Edit: found it. Called Every Time I Die (2019) so was off on the year a bit, but at least the “I” was there. Described as “a murdered man’s consciousness travels through his friends to protect them from his killer”.