Okay, the Ring is not scary!

Tools    

Originally Posted by T-850
Not too old to be around

I'm 29. About to reach 30 in May.
Huh, I thought you were another teen. You're an old fart all right.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Huh, I thought you were another teen. You're an old fart all right.

Now let's not be like that. If I were another teen, I wouldn't be talking. Teens these days are experiencing horror with the Friday the 13th films.

Old fart ha? How old are you?

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Now let's not be like that. If I were another teen, I wouldn't be talking. Teens these days are experiencing horror with the Friday the 13th films.

36 when May arrives.

Teens these days are experiencing horror with the Friday the 13th films.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean we all like them.

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
Besides, teens these days are experiencing it with Scream, I Still Know What You Ate For Supper, and the like.

Not true. I'm a "teen" no matter how much I wish I wasn't stereotyped as one of those idiot teenagers that think "Freddy Vs. Jason" was the best thing since buttered toast and that "Scary Movie 2" was actually funny. I haven't been scared since I watched "It" (I don't think I took a shower for about a week), and before that no damn slasher flick scared me, you can be sure of that. I don't even like slasher movies. I'd prefer a good old fashioned George Romero film any day.
If you want to think less of me because of when I was born, be my guest, but I guarantee you that I'm not like that.

36 when May arrives.
You're not an old fart at all. You're a dinosaur compare to me.

I know, I know. But teens that were born in the late 80's were born at a time where you already had 4 sequels to the Nightmare series.

Besides, teens these days are experiencing it with Scream, I Still Know What You Ate For Supper, and the like.

Good one

If you want to think less of me because of when I was born, be my guest, but I guarantee you that I'm not like that.

I'm not saying that. It's just that the time when you were born isn't a time that had great horror movies like Romero's creation. I was born seeing those films and I still like them. Everyone has their own opinion of which film is scary or not.

Originally Posted by Garrett
Not true. I'm a "teen" no matter how much I wish I wasn't stereotyped as one of those idiot teenagers that think "Freddy Vs. Jason" was the best thing since buttered toast and that "Scary Movie 2" was actually funny. I haven't been scared since I watched "It" (I don't think I took a shower for about a week), and before that no damn slasher flick scared me, you can be sure of that. I don't even like slasher movies. I'd prefer a good old fashioned George Romero film any day.
You're obviously a smart teen. The ones that are stereo-typed are the ones who post things like, "I saw matrix last nite b4 my freindas, and i asked em r u guys gunna c it?"

You're obviously a smart teen. The ones that are stereo-typed are the ones who post things like, "I saw matrix last nite b4 my freindas, and i asked em r u guys gunna c it?"
Thanks, man.

Hell, those types get on my nerves too.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by led_zeppelin
IMO it doesn't even live up to being a supernatural thriller at all. I found that this movie was pathetic, a total let down. Nowhere near being the scariest movie of the year!
No...but it doesn't have to be. It was a really cool and entertaining movie. But that is just me...

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Ah...but the first Scream was brilliant...and the second was great. There is some hope for the future.

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
No...but it doesn't have to be. It was a really cool and entertaining movie. But that is just me...
It was entertaining, but, it was just that I was so hyped up that I was gonna get scared out of my wits. It just let me down the first time I watched, going back a second time I realized that it's still a good movie.

It was entertaining, but, it was just that I was so hyped up that I was gonna get scared out of my wits. It just let me down the first time I watched, going back a second time I realized that it's still a good movie.

Well, atleast you can watch it again. I totally agree about being so hyped up and being let down. I don't wanna watch it again, because that's how much I dislike the movie. But that's my thoughts. Looking back, if this movie wouldn't have been SOOOO hyped up as being "scary," I probably would've like it more. But that little girl on the MTV Music Video Awards, wroooong! I don't think the line. . ."everyone will suffer," was scary at all. I prefer. . ."Heloooo, Sydney."
And found he was eating his shoe.

I kind of liked it and i was laughing throughout the whole movie the little girl is scary wiht her long black hair and all she looks alittle like my twin!Maybe it is her I mean they are both evil and they look the same!
Shudders too scary to think about that now.Well the plot was questionable and was uncreative and stupid so i give it this much stars! *
Again I did not bomb it due to the fact that I did find it alittle intersting and I am not coldhearted to bomb any movie inleast it is really bad like let's say "The Cat and the Hat!"BOMBED!See you around!JM
Favorite Movie of all time:Star Wars!
Online offline boyfriend:AdarkSideJedi(brad)
Other Sites I belong tooeathcurse.com Darkmark.com and StarWars.com and Adult Swim.com!

I kind of liked it and i was laughing throughout the whole movie the little girl is scary wiht her long black hair and all she looks alittle like my twin!Maybe it is her I mean they are both evil and they look the same!

If she's your twin, wouldn't you also be talking bad about yourself?

Well, atleast you can watch it again. I totally agree about being so hyped up and being let down. I don't wanna watch it again, because that's how much I dislike the movie. But that's my thoughts. Looking back, if this movie wouldn't have been SOOOO hyped up as being "scary," I probably would've like it more. But that little girl on the MTV Music Video Awards, wroooong! I don't think the line. . ."everyone will suffer," was scary at all. I prefer. . ."Heloooo, Sydney."
Ok. Try watching it and then go find an abandoned house in the woods and sit there and listen to all the creaks and noises and then see if you don't wet your pants. (A la Stephen King)

Ok. Try watching it and then go find an abandoned house in the woods and sit there and listen to all the creaks and noises and then see if you don't wet your pants. (A la Stephen King)
If I haven't made my point by now, I'll say it again. IT'S NOT SCARY! If I sat in an abandoned house, I'd get scared because of being alone in abandoned house, not because of the Ring.

If I haven't made my point by now, I'll say it again. IT'S NOT SCARY! If I sat in an abandoned house, I'd get scared because of being alone in abandoned house, not because of the Ring.
Sure....

Look this argument isn't going anywhere. If someone thought it was scary then you aren't going to change their minds. It may not have been scary to you, but different strokes for different folks as the saying goes, or seomthing to that effect anyways. It is all relative to the person viewing it and what they find scary. A friend of mine is scared out of his mind by clowns, but every time I see one I laugh (or feel bad because that must be a crappy job.)