Euphoria (HBO)

Tools    

Didn't really get the opening of ep 6 with the Jolly Rancher ad the snot bubble but it was undeniably intense. I hate what Dru is going through is doing to her little sister. Zendaya was amazing in that scene on the telephone where she apologized to Ali. I thought it was lovely that Ali offered to cook dinner for Rue and her family but he overstepped when he tried to tell Gia how she should feel about Rue's disease. Is that Carla Gugino playing Nate's mother? The last episode, Maddy seemed so nonchalant about the fact that Nate is seeing Cassie, and now she wants Cassie dead? Kat telling Ethan she had a brain disorder...what was that about? If that was a way to get out of the relationship, it was really cruel and nonsensical. Ethan so didn't deserve to be treated like that. So glad that Fez beating the crap out of Nate hasn't scared Lexie away...I am loving these two together. I can definitely see where Cassie gets this annoying drama queen thing from, her mother is a piece of work. OK, I'm so over Cassie...she tried to kill herself with a corkscrew? Seriously? I'm beginning to wonder if Nate's relationship with his mom is as dysfunctional as the one with his dad. That house where Maddy babysits is SO beautiful. Loved when Maddy came home and started undressing and then that shot of Nate waiting for her just materializes. After watching that scene with Nate and Maddy play out, I've decided that whenever this series comes to an end, Nate should be in prison or dead. Rue's speech about apologizing proved that she doesn't have a clue what the program is really about. The final scene was brilliant and heartbreaking.

Didn't really catch that she was attracted to her, but that kind of makes sense.
I picked up on it right away though it’s very subtle. She pretends to sympathize & help Rue, but she’s not helping her at all. On the contrary, she would like to groom Rue, but I think Rue sees it now especially since she was locked up with all the other druggies in Laurie’s house. Thank God she was able to get that window open.

Didn't really get the opening of ep 6 with the Jolly Rancher ad the snot bubble but it was undeniably intense. I hate what Dru is going through is doing to her little sister. Zendaya was amazing in that scene on the telephone where she apologized to Ali. I thought it was lovely that Ali offered to cook dinner for Rue and her family but he overstepped when he tried to tell Gia how she should feel about Rue's disease. Is that Carla Gugino playing Nate's mother? The last episode, Maddy seemed so nonchalant about the fact that Nate is seeing Cassie, and now she wants Cassie dead? Kat telling Ethan she had a brain disorder...what was that about? If that was a way to get out of the relationship, it was really cruel and nonsensical. Ethan so didn't deserve to be treated like that. So glad that Fez beating the crap out of Nate hasn't scared Lexie away...I am loving these two together. I can definitely see where Cassie gets this annoying drama queen thing from, her mother is a piece of work. OK, I'm so over Cassie...she tried to kill herself with a corkscrew? Seriously? I'm beginning to wonder if Nate's relationship with his mom is as dysfunctional as the one with his dad. That house where Maddy babysits is SO beautiful. Loved when Maddy came home and started undressing and then that shot of Nate waiting for her just materializes. After watching that scene with Nate and Maddy play out, I've decided that whenever this series comes to an end, Nate should be in prison or dead. Rue's speech about apologizing proved that she doesn't have a clue what the program is really about. The final scene was brilliant and heartbreaking.
This woman plays Nate’s mother. https://www.today.com/popculture/tv/...ordi-rcna17735

My favorite character is Fez. I love how he has his own code of honor despite selling drugs to kids. He was horrified when Rue stole one of his grandmother’s opiates even though she wouldn’t miss it. As Fez says “that’s not right Rue.”

People who have withdrawal symptoms from drugs crave sweet things. Hence the Jolly Rancher.

Lexie's play made a squirm-worthy opening to ep 7. It's a little hard to believe that Lexie hasn't given any thoughts to the repercussion of this play. I did like the way the episode moved back and forth between Lexie's play ad alleged off stage life. I thought it was interesting that Rue seemed to be the only person enjoying Lexie's play. The kiss behind the rain spattered window was beautiful. Loved the onstage Rue. Loved the way the camera leaped around that restroom following Rue and Jules. Loved the cheerleader dance...beautifully staged and photographed. And what an interesting idea that Lexie cast a guy as her mother and I loved the fact that her mother seemed amused by it. Cal popping up in Nate's subconscious while he was practically raping Cassie was an interesting plot move. I hate that Fez cares what Fay thinks...about anything. LOVED the boys in the locker room production number.

Shocking opening to the 2nd season finale, which will probably have consequences that will play well into the third season. That scene where Lexie and Fez are talking and Fez is eating cereal...did that take place before or after Lexie's play? "I don't want to google the scraps, I want to peel back the layers." Not looking forward to the heartbreak that's heading Lexie's way, she doesn't deserve this. Can't believe what Cassie did to Lexie. Cassie and Lexie's mother might be the worst parent I have seen on TV in decades. This Rue/Elliott/Jules story needs some forward motion, it seems to have stalled. Elliott's musical scene went on WAY too long. Way deep down inside of him, there is a truly decent human being inside of Fez. That scene with Nate and his dad and dad's entourage was weird and creepy. What was Ash thinking when the police arrived? Loved the shooting of the toilet...it was like Sam Peckinpah. Never really caught exactly what happened to Rue's dad. The hugging montage was really cool. They gave us such hope with Fez and Lexie and then took it all away. Very pleased with the reconnection between Rue and Lexie. It was hard to keep track of where we were during this episode...the past, the present, Lexie's play, but it kept us on our toes. Something tells me Nate better watch his back next season where Maddy and Cassie are concerned. If I have one wish for next season, it's to please find a way to get Lexie and Fez back together.

Shocking opening to the 2nd season finale, which will probably have consequences that will play well into the third season. That scene where Lexie and Fez are talking and Fez is eating cereal...did that take place before or after Lexie's play? "I don't want to google the scraps, I want to peel back the layers." Not looking forward to the heartbreak that's heading Lexie's way, she doesn't deserve this. Can't believe what Cassie did to Lexie. Cassie and Lexie's mother might be the worst parent I have seen on TV in decades. This Rue/Elliott/Jules story needs some forward motion, it seems to have stalled. Elliott's musical scene went on WAY too long. Way deep down inside of him, there is a truly decent human being inside of Fez. That scene with Nate and his dad and dad's entourage was weird and creepy. What was Ash thinking when the police arrived? Loved the shooting of the toilet...it was like Sam Peckinpah. Never really caught exactly what happened to Rue's dad. The hugging montage was really cool. They gave us such hope with Fez and Lexie and then took it all away. Very pleased with the reconnection between Rue and Lexie. It was hard to keep track of where we were during this episode...the past, the present, Lexie's play, but it kept us on our toes. Something tells me Nate better watch his back next season where Maddy and Cassie are concerned. If I have one wish for next season, it's to please find a way to get Lexie and Fez back together.
I think Fez & Lexie will be back together next season. They make for good television. As you say, Fez is a decent human being inside. Who else in the show is capable of nursing a grandmother like Fez has done his?

Season 1 was good, but I had no interest in another season. Glad I changed my mind since this was a great season & I look forward to the next.

ARRRRGGHHHHHHFFS

Reports that Season 3 won't air until 2025 at the earliest. Writer's strikes and Zendaya doing a million other projects are the cause.

The cast will be in their 40s!

ARRRRGGHHHHHHFFS

Reports that Season 3 won't air until 2025 at the earliest. Writer's strikes and Zendaya doing a million other projects are the cause.

The cast will be in their 40s!
Won’t be the first series that has ages between each season. (Happy Valley anyone?)

I can't stand Euphoria. I watched quite a few episodes of Season 1 and there was so much gratuitous sexuality throughout the show that I felt was really in your face, unnecessary, and not adding much to the overall story. Are others not bothered by this? This is an incredibly popular show though, so I may be missing something and would like to learn more about what is so enjoyable about this show to others. What is it that those of you who love it like so much about it, and why do you think it's so popular?

I can't stand Euphoria. I watched quite a few episodes of Season 1 and there was so much gratuitous sexuality throughout the show that I felt was really in your face, unnecessary, and not adding much to the overall story. Are others not bothered by this? This is an incredibly popular show though, so I may be missing something and would like to learn more about what is so enjoyable about this show to others. What is it that those of you who love it like so much about it, and why do you think it's so popular?
I was a little underwhelmed by season 1 & thought I would skip season 2. Glad I didn’t since I am fully invested now in the show. God knows when season 3 will appear & now we have lost Angus Cloud who I loved in the show so that’s a bummer.

I don't know how they can go on without Angus Cloud...he was spectacular.
I loved his scenes! He was just so real. I liked the scene when Rue tried to steal some of his grandmother’s meds because “she wouldn’t miss them”. Fez said “That’s true, but it ain’t right”.

I felt some of the nudity in the early few episodes came off as try-hard and unnecessary, but I think the show either got better at that a few episodes in or I adjusted to its wavelength.

I felt some of the nudity in the early few episodes came off as try-hard and unnecessary, but I think the show either got better at that a few episodes in or I adjusted to its wavelength.
Same.

Sincerely hope Sydney Sweeney keeps her bra on in future movies & shows. No need for more.