MoFo Fantasy Football 2022 - The Season

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Happy to see Mostert doing so well after his injuries. Reminds us of what he can do, when healthy.

Edwards was a surprise, because I was under the impression Drake would get the bulk of the carries considering how well he performed last week.

The trick is not minding
So, half way through our season and I’ll be sitting at 5-2 after tonight. Riding a 5 game winning streak.

I have no illusions here. I’m lucky to be 5-2. Each win was over an opponent who had a down week, or close to it. It isn’t like my team is some sort of juggernaut. I’ll likely rely on Ekeler and Walker to continue spurring me along with the occasional production from my WR’s. 8-6 is a likely finish, with 9-5 a possibility.

I’ll be happy to make the playoffs, honestly. If I can somehow make it to the top 3, even better.

A system of cells interlinked
Well, crap.

That moment when you look at your team page and there are three O's by the players names.

One getting eye surgery, one benched indefinitely, and an ACL.

The trick is not minding
Attention!!

Brady

Bateman (I know, don’t get excited)

K Herbert (nice handcuff when Montgomery goes down. Which we know will happen. Heck, even now he is doing well as a second option)*

Doubs (don’t blame him for the mess the offense is in, guy has upside)

All available for trades. Looking at a decent WR 2 to go along with Pittman.
I don’t trust Smith-Schuster yet. 😒
Possibly a decent TE. Might be willing to trade Higbee as well.

Idk. I’m just trying to remain competitive.

Make me an offer.

The trick is not minding
Lol. Sometimes, I’m my own worst enemy.

Somehow, missed Connor being ruled out after reading he was back practicing and now I am going to be short handed at RB.

I’ll just grab someone off the waiver, and try to survive the week. Tongo may get the win

Nine players have over 30 points this week, and only three of them are QBs. Wow.

Keep an eye on the Justin-Adam matchup, too, which is might feature the second-highest losing score of all time (whichever way it goes) and maybe the second-highest combined score of all time.

I'm hanging on for dear life despite 130+ points because Elliott missed his second game due to injury ever, which made Tony Pollard an RB0 for the week, apparently (he had a 50+ yard TD run because the Bears couldn't stop the run even knowing it was definitely coming).

The trick is not minding
Tongo is going to pull off the W against me, which isn’t ideal. I have a tough matchup with Raul next week, but I’ll have Ekeler back and maybe Connor?

Need to finish strong

Kupp is lying on the ground after a relatively meaningless 5-yard catch in garbage time.

If he misses any time I think I'm just gonna decide this ain't supposed to be the year and go back to letting my cat pick my flex.

Early word on Kupp is okay, maybe/probably, so we'll see.

It's certainly been an interesting one!

(I suspect it's probably Justin's year, regardless.)

The trick is not minding
Justin made some impressive trades, the kind of trades that remind me of your run in 2020. The one where you managed to trade for Tyreke Hill and King Henry.

With Kelce and Chubb in the fold, Justin should cruise…..but…..I seriously think it might come down to Spaulding and Adam when all is said and done.
Adam is finally healthy at QB, with both Prescott and Hopkins (suspension) returning in a big way. And that trade for CMC (both in fantasy and in the NFL) just absolutely tilts most games in his favor.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see those two in the championship on a rematch of 2019.

A system of cells interlinked
Well, at least it is Halloween, so me stopping by this thread to erect a tombstone for my team is quite fitting.

The epitaph? Just another victim of the bye weeks...

Justin made some impressive trades, the kind of trades that remind me of your run in 2020. The one where you managed to trade for Tyreke Hill and King Henry.
And for the same reason: look at his depth! It's bonkers. The guy's got at least five RBs I'd feel okay starting, nevermind that Hunt might get traded now. If that happens he'll have two backs (Hunt and Etienne) who benefited greatly from midseason trades.

I do think there's like as many as 4-5 teams that could easily win once in the playoffs, though. This feels less predictable than most seasons, which are already not that predictable.

Hey! I got a shot this week! Yay!