Wildfires in California

Tools    

I see there are many wildfires in Vacaville, California & surrounding areas. Doesn’t @Miss Vicky live in this town? I seem to recall that she does. Hope she is okay.

Yeah, I live in Vacaville. I’m fortunately far enough into town that I was not affected by the evacuation orders (and all such orders for Vacaville have been lifted). The evacuation order did stop just shy of where I work and I’m told my coworkers evacuated the office pets just to be on the safe side. I haven’t been there yet this week for unrelated reasons, though. The air quality here is absolutely horrible, but the upside of that is that the smoke is blocking out much of the sunshine and it’s not been as miserably hot as it was earlier this week.

Glad @Miss Vicky is okay. Horrible what California goes through each year. Climate control + human error (to put it mildly) have created a very fragile environment for humans & animals alike.

Lordy, doing my annual checkup on @Miss Vicky. Haven’t heard her town mentioned this August, but hope she’s ok.

Lordy, doing my annual checkup on @Miss Vicky. Haven’t heard her town mentioned this August, but hope she’s ok.
The air is a bit smokey, but none of the current fires are a threat right now.

Probably should change the thread title to The world is on fire. Just wow.

hope they save all the animals and people hope it be over soon there?. here we had major bush fires last yr here in australia
Thanks for remembering the animals. Poor things. None of this is their fault.