Movie Tab II

Tools    

I really want to see M. I like Lang. I'd recommend Siegfried if you haven't seen it yet. I liked Siegfried more than Metropolis.

Ant-Man

Recent Watches (Ranked)

[RE-WATCH] The Wolf of Wall Street (Scorsese, 2013)-
++
Ant-Man (Reed,2015)-
+
It's Such a Beautiful Day (Hertzfeldt, 2012)-

The Night Before (Levine, 2015)-
-
[DOCUMENTARY] Capturing the Friedmans (Jarecki, 2003)-
-
Someone Marry Barry (Pearlstien, 2014)-

May (McKee, 2002) -

[RE-WATCH] Norbit (Robbins, 2009)-

[font=”verdana”][center]
The Stanford Prison Experiment (Kyle Patrick Alvarez, 2015)
-

Stanford University, 1971. Students participate in a psychology experiment as either guards or prisoners, and “John Wayne” (Michael Angarano) [back to camera] is the most-powerful of the “guards”.
Have you seen The Experiment? How would you compare the two?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

That Inferior Feeling (Boris Wrangell, 1940)
-
Cheaper by the Dozen (Walter Lang)
-
White Christmas (Michael Curtiz, 1954)

Possession (Andrzej Zulawski, 1981)
+

Isabelle Adjani, whose marriage to Sam Neill is distintegrating as fast as her fragile psyche, finds herself being made love to (or raped by) some sort of monster.
Follow the Fleet (Mark Sandrich, 1937)

Come to the Stable (Henry Koster, 1949)

Unbranded (Phillip Baribeau, 2015)
+
Black Moon (Louis Malle, 1975)

Lily (Cathryn Harrison) has an apparent argument with the Old Lady (Thérčse Giehse) before she breastfeeds the elderly woman.
The Blue Bird (Walter Lang, 1940)

Amityvlle 3-D (Richard Fleischer, 1983)

Rhumba Rhythm at the Hollywood La Conga (Sammy Lee, 1939)

How Green Was My Valley (John Ford, 1941)
-

A reminiscence about growing up in a Welsh coal mining town – the beautiful sister (Maureen O’Hara) of young Roddy McDowell acknowledges the menfolk.
Love Finds Andy Hardy (George B. Seitz, 1938)

We Must Have Music (No Director Listed, 1942)

Silent Night, Deadly Night (Charles E. Sellier. Jr., 1984)

Carol (Todd Haynes, 2015)

Soon-to-be-divorced Cate Blanchett and inexperienced store clerk Rooney Mara share a rapport, comfort and desire, but before it can grow, the oppressive ‘50s does its best to quash it.
A Night in Casablanca (Archie L. Mayo, 1946)
-
The Boy Who Saved Christmas (John Putch, 1998)
-
Susannah of the Mounties (William A. Seiter, 1939)
+
The Revenant (Alejandro González Ińárritu, 2015)

Frontiersman Leo DiCaprio just entered the wrong dude’s area.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

The Family Jewels (Jerry Lewis, 1965)

Betrayal of the Dove (Strathford Hamilton, 1993)

Bye Bye Birdie (George Sidney, 1963)

The Hateful Eight (Quentin Tarantino, 2015)

A group of bounty hunters, outlaws and other characters spend a violently-eventful day at a snowed-in stage rest stop.
Sheila Levine Is Dead and Living in New York (Sidney J. Furie, 1975)
-
The Amityville Horror (Andrew Douglas, 2005)

Mother Is a Freshman (Lloyd Bacon, 1949)
+
Creed (Ryan Coogler, 2015)

Rocky Balboa (Sylvester Stallone) trains Apollo Creed’s son (Michael B. Jordan) and passes on his life lessons.
A Dog Named Christmas (Peter Werner, 2009)

Queen of Earth (Alex Ross Perry, 2015)
+
Godspell (David Greene, 1973)

Brooklyn (John Crowley, 2015)

Young Irishwoman Saorsie Roran comes to Brooklyn to make a life for herself and meets and starts dating Dodgers fan Emory Cohen, an Italian-American.
Tartuffe (F.W. Murnau, 1925)

Adua and Her Friends aka Hungry for Love (Antonio Pietrangeli, 1960)

The Way of Murnau (Alexander Bohr, 2003)

Straight Outta Compton (F. Gary Gray, 2015)

N.W.A goes into Priority Records studio to record something which outsells the label’s best-sellers, the California Raisins, but after a humiliating run-in with the police, they make their gangsta rap more offensive and gain more popularity.
(rewatch)
Marked for Death (Dwight H. Little, 1990)

Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers (Michael A. Simpson, 1988)

The Peanuts Movie (Steve Martino, 2015)

The WWI flying ace (Snoopy) possibly catches sight of his arch enemy, the Red Baron.

You have me excited for Hateful Eight and Revenant Mark. A 3.5 from you is like a 4.5 from me. I am waiting for the big screen though as tempting as it is to not.

The Revenant

Alejandro Ińárritu impresses again with his attention to detail and beautiful style, but the movie starts running out of steam in the second half. Similar to his last film Birdman, the camera-work is excellent, the soundtrack, the acting, all the elements surrounding the story are done in such a spectacular way, but the story itself is just uninspired.

But how did you 'obtain' it?
Screeners most likely.

I don't get how people can sit and watch crap quality like that - especially for a film meant as an "experience" in true 70mm film. But that's just me...

How greay would you rate Rush from 2013 an amazing film of rivalry btw two great f1 drivers. A really great adaptation of real life incidents. Loved every bit of this film.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave

(rewatch)
Just out of curiousity Mark how did Carol manage to pick up an extra 0.5 in the space of just one day?

Oh and I'm glad to see you rather enjoyed Brooklyn. I also just watched it. It's quite a simple little film and not normally the type of film I get all that excited about but I found it be rather lovely. A great performance by Saoirse Ronan and I thought that visually it was just gorgeous. Just a shame that it stumbled a little in the third act I felt.