Tell us all about your phone

Tools    

We might have had a thread for this before, but our phone situations change every couple of years, so let's hear it: what kind of phone do you have? Do you like it? What do you like/dislike about it? What kind do you think you want next? Et cetera.

Until recently I had a Droid Incredible. Best phone I've ever had, first smartphone. Very happy with it. The screen was just 3.5 inches, but I wanted something pretty small. That was just ever so slightly on the small side when I bot it, but screen sizes have increased quite a bit since, so now it seems conspicuously small. But I lost it around Christmas. D'oh.

'Twas a bummer because I was still happy with it, and wasn't planning on upgrading all that soon, even though I qualified for a discounted upgrade back in August. It was saving money to put the upgrade off, obviously, I use it less now that I have an iPad, and I figured that the next generation of phones wasn't leaps and bounds better, so I was going to stick it out for another year. Oh well. I'm mostly just bugged by not being sure how I lost it, with some mild stress about security and changing passwords and the like.

All the reasoning I used to delay upgrading holds up fine, but I will say that the new phone (a Droid Razr M) is pretty snappy; very quick, very responsive. Whether you can credit the better processor, improvements in the Android OS, or both, it's quicker than I'd have expected. Still would've loved to have put everything off, but hey, this specific phone's still almost a year old already, so it just ran me something like $100 even with all the little fees added in.

So, I'll probably pop back in here when I've had the phone longer and can talk more about it. But so far, I'm pretty impressed, even if the improvements over the previous generation are relatively marginal.

How about everyone else?

Smartphones... ugh... I use Windows Mobile... my current one is a few years old and still going strong. Pretty much everything a laptop can do, this thing does too. Even most modern laptops, including my current laptop, are slower than my Windows phone.
Beats all smartphones and droids, iphones etc etc hands down.

I've tried smartphones but keep going back to this one. Weird thing is that if someone sends something to me from a smartphone, my Windows is able to adjust and change whatever has been sent so it can read it... if I send something from this phone to a smartphone, the smartphone is completely stumped.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I have quite an old Nokia that I got absolutely free for work, I pay nothing whatsoever and thats just fine by me.

If I really wanted the latest iphone or whatever then I would get it, I prefer to spend my money on gambling and prostitutes.

It's new! I got it last weekend to replace my old one:

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	contact-pic01.jpg
Views:	1319
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	9862  

Semper Fooey
I don't really care what kind of phones you people have.

That plastic phone of Sexy's looks like one I bought for my daughter...

... when she was 12 months old.

I don't really care what kind of phones you people have.
He's just bitter because he's the reason they made Caller ID in the first place.

Smells mystical, doesn't it?
I've got one of them burner phones. The ones you do shady business with, you know?

Semper Fooey
Bragging about the kind of phone you have isn't exciting reading so far.

Waa, I have that coloured plastic see through phone, had it for years since I saw it in Scream 2. Someone in Scream 2 had it in their house.

As for my mobile phone, it's from the stone age compared to ones now and if I tried to access the internet on it, it would probably explode.

I've got this and the only reason I went for it at the time was because it's the colour purple... I think I've had it for about 6 years. I'm the type of person who gets a new phone when the one I have no longer works...

I've got this one:

I'm very happy with it, it's also got an everchanging background animation depending on the time of year, at the moment it's black and blue since it's night and there are fireflies flying around the screen around a flower and water setting, the water ripples too.

I basically don't care about the internet, camera or music playing abilities on phones because I have all of the three separately and superior. If it makes calls and texts, I'm happy.

I refuse to own a cell phone.

I have a good old fashioned land line and an answering machine. I'm a receptionist and spend a large amount of work time on the phone, I don't really want to do the same in my free time.

Waa, I have that coloured plastic see through phone, had it for years since I saw it in Scream 2. Someone in Scream 2 had it in their house.
... Scream 2 is one of my favorite movies ever and I don't recall it in that movie. Now I'm gonna have to obsessively check.

I actually don't really have that phone, though I did have a phone like it when I was about 10.

Speaking of phones from movies, my ex had the exact same phone Edward Norton uses in Fight Club (the cordless from when he's in his apartment ordering stuff). Since I lived with my ex, I used to use it all the time. Unfortunately it didn't come with Brad Pitt...

... Scream 2 is one of my favorite movies ever and I don't recall it in that movie. Now I'm gonna have to obsessively check.

Asperger's.

I refuse to own a cell phone.

I have a good old fashioned land line and an answering machine. I'm a receptionist and spend a large amount of work time on the phone, I don't really want to do the same in my free time.
Oh, please. You'll get a cell phone some day.