Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I hear that, my extreme disappointment expectancy rate with most re-boots, re-makes etc. is 98%.. It almost never happens that I say to myself 'oh that could work' beforehand, especially when it comes to personal favorites.
It works sometimes just usually not with my favorites. West Side Story worked.

I hear that, my extreme disappointment expectancy rate with most re-boots, re-makes etc. is 98%.. It almost never happens that I say to myself 'oh that could work' beforehand, especially when it comes to personal favorites.

After Nightmare Alley, Crimson Peak, and The Shape of Water which are all basically remakes of noir/science fiction/horror films of the 40's-50's...I think he'll do a great job.

After Nightmare Alley, Crimson Peak, and The Shape of Water which are all basically remakes of noir/science fiction/horror films of the 40's-50's...I think he'll do a great job.
at first i thought the shape of water was a remake of bioshock cause how it looks then relised it wasnt

I agree with Yoda...Del Toro has earned the benefit of the doubt regarding this project...I thought The Shape of Water was amazing and it will be interesting to see what he does with this story, especially since I just saw the Disney film for the first time about six months ago and I do see a dark underlayer to the story that Del Toro could draw from to re-imagine the story. I flew off the handle when Spielberg originally announced he wanted to remake West Side Story and I loved that, so why not give Del Toro a chance as well?

It's finally out now! I watched this on Netflix today. I respect that they took the story in a different direction and some parts of it work better than others. The animation is striking and the character design is memorable. Voice acting was very good and there are some heartfelt moments along the way.

Anyone else watched it yet?

The trick is not minding
It's finally out now! I watched this on Netflix today. I respect that they took the story in a different direction and some parts of it work better than others. The animation is striking and the character design is memorable. Voice acting was very good and there are some heartfelt moments along the way.

Anyone else watched it yet?

I had been planning to watch this at my local cinema, but was unable to before they pulled it.
Guess I’ll watch it on Netflix now that’s it out.

Great movie! Great Del Toro!