MOFOs in your REAL life

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
I would watch a flick with @John McClane

Oh wait, I already did!

Come on you guys... the only MoFo to watch a flick with is @Holden Pike. You would learn about 500 little details and tidbits about the film.

As for @Yoda...We interact on video from time to time, so we have already met, just not in person. Would be fun to watch a flick with him too, though.

But I don't share my popcorn, know that going in.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

@Mr Minio, @jiraffejustin and I sit in a room watching trashy horror. @seanc sits in the corner, annoyed but with a brave smile.

@Holden Pike walks in and says "what is this garbage!" and hands us a copy of quality cinema to enjoy. He joins us, teaching us all about the film as we watch.

Then all the MoFo's I, the event coordinator, forgot to invite enter the room and beat me up. @cricket stands in the corner laughing.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
@mrminio, @jiraffejustin and I sit in a room watching trashy horror. @seanc sits in the corner, annoyed but with a brave smile.

@Holden Pike walks in and says "what is this garbage!" and hands us a copy of quality cinema to enjoy. He joins us, teaching us all about the film as we watch.

Then all the MoFo's I, the event coordinator, forgot to invite enter the room and beat me up. @cricket stands in the corner laughing.
And definitely Swan. Need someone who digs Chastain movies and Halloween

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
hands us a copy of quality cinema to enjoy
Twist: It's Zombie Ass: Toilet od the Dead.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

A Mofo movie retreat would be the coolest thing ever. Unfortunately, I think it’s also a pipe dream. We can’t get people to be able to watch a trilogy on a weekend together. Tons of Mofos I would like to meet though and grateful for the few I have met here that I consider real life friends, even if it has to be from a distance.

As for @Yoda...We interact on video from time to time, so we have already met, just not in person. Would be fun to watch a flick with him too, though.
It's gotta happen soon! If the group I'm part of doesn't have a presence at PAX East in the next year or two I'll just come to Boston on my own for the heck of it. Between you, Fenway, and another friend I have who lives there, that's good enough for me.

A system of cells interlinked
It's gotta happen soon! If the group I'm part of doesn't have a presence at PAX East in the next year or two I'll just come to Boston on my own for the heck of it. Between you, Fenway, and another friend I have who lives there, that's good enough for me.
You know I am so there for this!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I missed a few either here because of time when I was near them, but I've met people from other boards/chats.

And right before I joined here, I went to Pennsylvania to see Paul McCartney (first shows at the Consul Arena) and would LOVE to talk to Yoda. Similar to what John McClane brought up - the disparity - I'm curious what things he'd discover about me, especially after messages/surprises.

Just realized I created this thread almost 7 years ago... Well, at least we have phones, although modern society norms would balk at the idea of being human

But I don't share my popcorn, know that going in.
That's cool @Holden Pike I'm not sharing your popcorn either.

Everyone! Charlie's Angels, my place. Now.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Zoom meeting?

I have an online friend who sometimes does this with a circle of friends who only know each other via his Facebook posts. (I've since met him and his daughter in real life--they came from Houston and stayed in my house, along with a mutual writer friend who came from New Zealand!)

The Zoom meetings are fun. We just gab about anything we want. We're trying to organize a similar meet-up with our writing group, which is small (about two dozen people) but boasts people from all around the world (from South Africa to England to the USA to New Zealand to Canada).

Zoom meeting?

I have an online friend who sometimes does this with a circle of friends who only know each other via his Facebook posts. (I've since met him and his daughter in real life--they came from Houston and stayed in my house, along with a mutual writer friend who came from New Zealand!)

The Zoom meetings are fun. We just gab about anything we want. We're trying to organize a similar meet-up with our writing group, which is small (about two dozen people) but boasts people from all around the world (from South Africa to England to the USA to New Zealand to Canada).
I think a zoom meeting would be cool and fun. I would likely be interested in it if someone organises one.

The Adventure Starts Here!
I think a zoom meeting would be cool and fun. I would likely be interested in it if someone organises one.
I think the only reason our writing group hasn't done this yet is because we can't figure out what time of day to have it when some of us are literally 18 hours apart!

Duplicate Account (locked)
I figure that Yoda, JohnMcClane and Sedai live within a few hours of me because of hints that Yoda and John have dropped about where they live, but I'd get nervous about it because my time on this forum has been so nice. Maybe that would ruin it, a real life meeting I definitely wouldn't mind attending an event with some folks on here, maybe once all this pandemic stuff blows over there will be indie film festivals again.

The trick is not minding
Geez, this reminded me that Yoda was going to be in my area sometime soon.
Is that still happening? Or did that pass? What was the date?

I wouldn’t mind meeting anyone here, especially the people I normally converse with.

We should have a Mofo meeting in Portugal, clearly the better option!

About the MG discussion, it looks like I missed some key moments on her reason to leave, as I didn't know about that discussion with SC.
I really hope she get's back. I'm not exactly communicative and she was the only person who I talked to on a regular basis. As Minion and CR said, she was an open-minded, intelligent, understanding person, who could be a bit sensitive about some things sometimes but that is her right and I don't think she should be criticized as she I saw her being. But hey, it's the internet...
Cinema Trindade, Porto.