What are you doing at this very moment?

Tools    

Yeah, I got it replaced.

Mainly because the original telly was bought well outside their 28 day automatic refund policy so all they'd do was exchange. I could probably have argued a bit but I was so ****ed off with the whole thing I caved in and got an LG LED 42" at £50 less than the Samsung (which they did refund me, heh).

Unless I spent mega bucks (which I don't have) I wasn't gonna get exactly what I wanted but the LG has proper 24p Real Cinema mode, which I've been checking out and it's miles smoother than the Samsung but just not quite as vibrant in the colour department.

I never wanna see the inside of that store again, and I bet they feel the same about me.
Never even heard of Real Cinema mode before. I guess this would give the television even stronger clarity than your standard 1080p?

Did you proper have a go at them or something when you requested an exchange lol?

I'm contemplating on what to do for the rest of the day. May go back to sleep in a bit.

The People's Republic of Clogher
It basically means that Blu Rays are shown in 24 frames per second like they should be in the cinema. Most HDTVs can cope with a 24Hz signal but many of them convert it to 60Hz - Some are good at it like my first Samsung a few years ago and some are bad like the Samsung I ended up with at the weekend. The only TVs in that price range which offer 'true' 24p are the LGs and the Sonys.

It's basically a much smoother picture when the camera pans left to right but, as I said, some TVs can mask the lack of true 24p output really well. More expensive 120Hz TVs don't need any kind of special mode - as long as the refresh rate divides into 24 they don't even advertise the fact.

I was royally pissed off when I brought it back to the shop but the whole thing had worn me down so maybe I didn't stand my ground hard enough when pushing for a full refund. Don't care now, the TV does what I originally wanted - It's not perfect but it'll do.

You ready? You look ready.
I was re-reading one of my journals a minute ago when I stumbled upon the following:

"In the 3rd grade, snow and ice days were ritualized with an order of things: I would sleep to a certain hour, play Final Fantasy 7, go outside to play in the snow, come back in and have a peanut butter sandwich and Surge, and then go back to playing games. We had an insane amount of snow days, and I was sure to attain the glory of all of them. My schedule made sure of my ability to do so.

I beat Final Fantasy 7 that winter, and I'll never forget it. Mostly because I'm always trying to recreate that time frame, but it's not possible. I can only be plain ole me at the current time frame. There's no returning to the past, no reclaimed glory, and no way to experience things again. I'll just need to be happy with the experiences I can have now. The new ones. The future."
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Just got a letter which reminded me why some car manufacturers have a bad reputation for reliability. I had a Citroen C4 Coupe from 05-08 and during the three years it had something like 9 safety recalls.

Lovely car but by the end I was exchanging Christmas cards with the service manager in the Dealership. It was as if I was just looking after it between trips back to the garage.

I've just had a recall letter from Citroen 3 years after I got rid of it - Maybe they just wanted me to get into double figures with issues?

My Focus is a bit dull but it's been comparatively bulletproof in comparison so any lingering thoughts of getting a Citroen DS3 have finally died. Vauxhall here I come!

Currently checking some stuff for school while my girl prepares for a bbq we're due to attend. Listening to some Bruno Mars YouTube mix she put on. Never really paid attention to this, but this is a good-looking kid. Now, I am straight as a board, but if I was gay I'd hit him. I'm distracted from school stuff right now due to this Bruno Mars - MoFo combo.

looking for new films (indie or foreign) to buy and watch. any recommendation.

and posting here of course.

Test driving cars tomorrow. I'm taking a friend along who has the practical side to her nature which I don't possess, otherwise I'll be signing up for a Mini Cooper or Zetec S Fiesta.

One positive (though warped ) note to downsizing is that I won't be called at least once a month asking to have my car borrowed due to its cavernous load space.