Movie Tab

Tools    

It's great in such a cheesy way--got Darth Tyranus in it, too!

A lot of the scenes in that movie are so dark you can't see anything except vagueries of trees and people. Film extra noir.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Dark Star

Originally posted by Fez Wizardo
Dark Star
That's one Carpenter flick I have never seen. I'd totally forgotten about it.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
it's quite amusing... i'm watching planet of the apes at the moment...

being a bum is so exhausting

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I bet it is.

Sounds exhausting.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Originally posted by Mary Loquacious

That's one Carpenter flick I have never seen. I'd totally forgotten about it.
I own this nasty VHS copy of it. The sound is so shot there's this air pitch that runs over the sound as it plays and there consistent lines running all over the place to the point were I had to pop it out of the player, drove me crazy. Look intresting and bunch of fun thou.

I checked Dark Star out on IMDb and saw that Dan O'Bannion worked on it as co-writer and actor--he's the guy who brought the world The Return of the Living Dead, which is one of the funniest zombie flicks ever made (barring, of course, its sequel, Return of the Living Dead II).

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
OMG! I got return of the living dead 1 and 3 and I haven't bothered to watch either... I got this strange thing where if I buy a DVD I don't watch it as it's always available for me to watch

On with my 5th film of the day... Legends of a Fall... I'm half way through it...what the hell is this all about, nearly as bad as watching Johnny Mnemonic this morning !!

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Anthony Hopkins getting old and not being able to talk resembles Father Jack from Father Ted

Now With Moveable Parts
watch

On with my 5th film of the day... Legends of a Fall... I'm half way through it...what the hell is this all about, nearly as bad as watching Johnny Mnemonic this morning !!
I liked Legends of the Fall. Brad Pitt did an excellent job. Recognize one of the brothers as that kid from E.T.? Yep, that's him.
Anyhoo...
I can't believe I watched The Silence of the Lambs on T.V. the other night...totally not the same movie.

"By the way, nice suit."

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Noo! I just finished watching it, I can agree with you that Brad Pitt is probably the only decent thing in it, and you can see his psychotic look developing which makes him so good for 12 Monkeys and Fight Club

But! The film comes with it's major flaws:

- No one gets old apart from Anthony Hopkins who ends up looking like a homeless man and Isabelle

- There is no real plot it's just like "oh man wouldn't it be such a bizarre morale dilemna if..." and then going about setting that situation up even if it means summing up ww in 10 mins

-You can't understand these people, like which fool would come out with a line like "I always wished I was the mother of your children and that Sam and Isabelle would die" blah blah blah!

Now With Moveable Parts
Oh. Well, I liked it.

Anthony Hopkins getting old and not being able to talk resembles Father Jack from Father Ted

"Drink! Feck! Girls!"

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Just watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas again! I forgot how brill this film was

Say I been trying to do my top 10 and it won't save my list comes with some DB error... is that feature not up yet?

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Beneath the planet of the Apes

Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea

Nikita

Just watched a fistful of dollars too... yojimbo anyone?

I thought I hadn't watched any movies today, but I did:

Mischief--saw the better part of it while at the hospital. I love that movie.

"You left it in, didn't you? You didn't take it out!"

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Wassat? Doesn't sound familiar at all !

Mischief is from 1985, and is set in the Fifties. It's about this kid named Jonathan (Doug McKeon), a nice guy who can't get laid, until he meets the new kid in the neighborhood, Gene (Chris Nash), a motorcycle-ridin' rebel (think James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause, which they actually showcase in the movie). The nice guy wants the hot chick in school, the rebel wants the good girl... you can see where this is going.

A few familiar faces are in it: Jami Gertz (as the geeky girl who loves Jonathan), Kelly Preston (as Marilyn, the hot chick Jonathan wants), Terry O'Quinn (as Gene's father).

It's really, really funny. Lots of teen sex humor, lots of great Fifties music... but no one's ever heard of it. Check it out! It's worth it!