Steve Jobs R.I.P

Tools    

RIP Steve Jobs
I was wondering how he died...

This was inevitable: Sony working to make a biopic about Steve Jobs

2011-10-07

Sad as it is to say, from the moment that it was announced that Apple CEO Steve Jobs had died, you know that movie studios were doing their ever-loving best to try and start making a movie about his life. Now it looks like Sony has crossed that line first.

"Deadline" is reporting that the studio is currently in the midst of making a deal to buy the rights to the upcoming non-fiction book Steve Jobs, with the intention of turning the story into a movie. The book is being written by Walter Isaacson, who is the managing editor at Time Magazine and the former chairman of CNN. The book was originally going to debut on November 21st, but has since been pushed up to October 24th in light of recent events. Isaacson compiled the project together from 40 interviews with Jobs and over 100 others with his friends, family and co-workers and tells the story of how he built the company from the bottom up, turning it into one of the biggest technology companies in the world. The writer's previous biographies include Henry Kissinger, Benjamin Franklin and Albert Einstein. Jobs was previously portrayed by Noah Wyle in the made-for-TV movie Pirates of Silicon Valley.

I find it strange that Sony would be the company ahead of the game if not only because their films are typically riddled with Sony Vaio laptops and little else. In fact, while working on this story I keep flashing back to when I first saw The Social Network and during the scene in which Andrew Garfield destroys Jesse Eisenberg's computer I thought to myself, "That is the only Apple computer in this movie." But let's get on to the real business at hand, shall we? Who do you think would be the perfect actor to portray Steve Jobs in a movie? Who do you think should direct?

he gave us itunes, ipods, and podcasts ...

either way, tragic no matter who one is who dies so young.

I was pleased to read an article not too long ago discussing the ideas and visions Mr. Jobs laid out in detail to continue moving Apple forward in preparation of his passing.

Mr. Jobs changed the world. Some claim he is a modern-day Edison or Ford.

Regardless, he was a brilliant man who loved his family and will be missed.

RIP.