Trump to visit India on feb 24-25

Tools    

https://www.news18.com/amp/news/indi...s-2501749.html

India is one country deep in the kind of right wing politics that Trump likes and not surprisingly he is extremely popular in India. Probably he will get a grand reception especially because he is visiting the state of gujarat which is center of right wing politics in India. Indian PM Modi and home minister Shah is also a gujarati.

Should be interesting this. The media here, which is predominately left, hates Trump and Modi. I can already guess an incident happening where someone in the media tries to be oversmart.

The other thing that interests me is to see Trump trying to win over Indian American voters back in USA. A lot of that depends around the issue of Kashmir.
We already witnessed Corbyn needlessly raising it, and worse some of his Labour MPs either towing Pakistan's line and in one case, even hosting the terrorist organisation JKLF. In separate incidents few Labour MPs were part of rallies that violently attacked
the Indian Embassy in UK. The result was a large chunk of
the traditionally labour supporting British Indian voters switching to Conservative.

With Dems like Sanders and Warren repeating Corbyn's mistake and the two grade A idiots Ro Khanna and Pramila Jayapal going a step further and towing Pakistan's line - there is a noticeable swing towards Republicans from the traditionally Democratic supporting Indian American folks.

Trump will totally play on that.

One thing that has been great for us regarding Trump, is his dealing of Pakistan. He has held them accountable and at times stopped the financial aid, which was always used for feeding terrorists. I am absolutely certain Hillary would have generously fed that terror nation instead, if she had been the President.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
You guys have KFC, right? It'll be great.

You guys have KFC, right? It'll be great.
Yeah we do , but I didn't understand the context.

Interesting article re the big trade deal that India and the U.S. are cooking up. I'm sure that ties in with Trump's visit:

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/tru.../19/id/954727/
It's going to be more about defense, with India buying some big ticket items from USA like anti submarine helicopters etc .

https://www.timesnownews.com/india/a...mp-wife/556794

Stupid Indians from modi's vegetarian state gujarat are going to ply trump with veg food . Is he going to enjoy veg food?

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Vegetarian food doesn't mean lack of salt, fat or sugar. I'm pretty sure he'll find something.

Day one and Trump probably had the biggest ego boost from the show.

On a side note, disappointed but not shocked by John Oliver's illinformed take on India. At least it's not as bad as Hasan Minaj's work. But dear God so many ignorant rants.

CAA doesn't affect a single Indian citizen. Oliver implied that Muslims will be targeted by it.
Oliver further added that non-Muslims don't need documents, thereby showing that he or his research team hasn't read the act. There's clear mention that persecuted refugees seeking accelerated citizenship should have domiciles from Pakistan, Bangladesh or Afghanistan.
Additionally, this doesn't affect other kind of refugees, who can continue to apply for citizenship.

Also never have I seen a law helping persecuted minorities being criticized anywhere like how CAA is criticised.

Then, let's speak about his take on Gandhi and Nehru. Oliver claims that Gandhi ALWAYS spoke against religious violence. While Gandhi did speak when the perpetrators were Hindus, he did the absolute opposite when the perpetrators were Muslims.

Read about Moplah riots where close to 10,000 civilians (mostly Hindus) were killed by Muslims. This is what Gandhi said, "Moplah bravery must command admiration. These Malabaris are not fighting for the love of it. They are fighting for what they consider is their Religion and in the manner, they consider is religious.” And then Gandhi went ahead and supported their cause of Islamic Khilafat calling their fanatism admirable.

During the Direct action day, when thousands of Hindus were slaughtered and thousands of Hindu women raped in present day West Bengal by razakars, Gandhi kept quiet. He remained silent until a Hindu businessman, Gopal Patha, decided to pick up arms to protect Hindus. That's when Gandhi got up from his sleep, but only to ask Gopal to lay down his arms.

Gandhi was a great man for giving the world Satyagraha, but he was far from perfect.

What's really shocking is Oliver highlighting Nehru. The man who became our first Prime Minister, despite losing his party's election, simply because his father pleaded to Gandhi to choose his son. The same Nehru who then went to **** up Kashmir, lose to China, ruin free speech laws in the constitution, and make several other blunders. The worst of which is leaving behind descendants who for several decades sucked this country dry leaving it poor and under developed.

At least Oliver got things partially right. The reason why Modi is popular is because after 70 ****ing years the poor have got homes, cooking gas, electricity and toilets - irrespective of their ****ing religion. If I have to be really honest then Modi has substantially increased welfare schemes for Muslims and even abolished horrendous laws like Triple Talaq that affected Muslim women.

CAA doesn't affect a single Indian citizen.
But it won't be easy for people who live on streets or in slums ( and India has many of them ) to prove that they are citizens. Many of these people don't have requisite documents. This includes both Hindus and muslims. Many Hindus could also be proved non citizens. I feel modi is taking us to civil war .

But it won't be easy for people who live on streets or in slums ( and India has many of them ) to prove that they are citizens. Many of these people don't have requisite documents. This includes both Hindus and muslims. Many Hindus could also be proved non citizens. I feel modi is taking us to civil war .
Friend, I am afraid you are confusing CAA with NRC.

CAA is only for refugees from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh who came here before December 2014. I have read the entire document.
You need domicile certificates from those countries to prove you are from either from Pakistan, or Afghanistan or Bangladesh.
This law doesn't affect any Indian, nor can any Indian use this law.

I am against NRC, but it hasn't yet been drafted yet. It will be drafted, presented in parliament, debated upon and then voted in both houses. It won't pass. So there is no point in arguing or protesting against it.

Assam's NRC was done from the seventies, and the process was overseen by courts. BJP was against detention centres too, which was ordered by Guwahati courts.

As for the riots. You and I both know who is instigating it or rather the Muslim community. I am not taking blame away from BJP. Amit Shah could have stopped this drama in December itself, but he thought like a politician. He thought Shaheen Bagh would help him. Now his no action has in turn burned Delhi. But let's be clear. We know who started these riots and who instigated them. And we know who spread misinformation about CAA.

Friend, I am afraid you are confusing CAA with NRC.

CAA is only for refugees from Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh who came here before December 2014. I have read the entire document.
You need domicile certificates from those countries to prove you are from either from Pakistan, or Afghanistan or Bangladesh.
This law doesn't affect any Indian, nor can any Indian use this law.

I am against NRC, but it hasn't yet been drafted yet. It will be drafted, presented in parliament, debated upon and then voted in both houses. It won't pass. So there is no point in arguing or protesting against it.

Assam's NRC was done from the seventies, and the process was overseen by courts. BJP was against detention centres too, which was ordered by Guwahati courts.

As for the riots. You and I both know who is instigating it or rather the Muslim community. I am not taking blame away from BJP. Amit Shah could have stopped this drama in December itself, but he thought like a politician. He thought Shaheen Bagh would help him. Now his no action has in turn burned Delhi. But let's be clear. We know who started these riots and who instigated them. And we know who spread misinformation about CAA.
What about economy that is already experiencing slowdown for more than 3 years due to present government's economic policies ? This bout of trouble could send us into recession if it lasts long .

@ashdoc

I am absolutely with you on economy.The handling of it has been abysmal so far.

I have friends working in GST Bhavan and others who are businessmen, and the feedback from them has been bad.

Here's what I don't get about the media. They absolutely had the Modi government on ropes with the economy debate in November last year. Even the general public was getting restless and asking hard questions to BJP.

Suddenly they focus their attention on a problem of CAA bill which is not really a problem, and allow Modi government to go scot free and aid polarization which helps BJP and people like Owaisis.

We need to go back to speaking about economy. It's the most important issue.

http://www.politicalforum.com/index....-india.568635/

http://www.politicalforum.com/index....-visit.568062/

2 threads on the trump visit on politicalforum , an american forum that usually ignores india . but just because trump visited india , the threads got a lot of responses .