Great movies you might never watch.

Tools    

I've never seen Citizen Kane or Casablanca either,
I'm guessing you might not like Citizen Kane...but...I bet anything you'd really like Casablanca. Just think of Casablanca as a classic B&W soap drama set in a lonely bar in the mid 20th century. Seriously you should watch Casablanca, trust me on this one.

I know, but the movie talks a little bit more about Jews than other kinds of people the Nazis terrorized, at least from what I remember.
True. But one mustn’t forget all the other victims of the Nazi regime.

I don't know if I'll ever get around to seeing Gone With the Wind, Citizen Kane, or Casablanca.
Love GWTW. Citizen Kane was torturous to watch & Casablanca is only meh for me.

I might watch Gone With the Wind since the Civil War is an interesting film setting for me, even if the film is based on literature.

I know, but the movie talks a little bit more about Jews than other kinds of people the Nazis terrorized, at least from what I remember.
True. But one mustn’t forget all the other victims of the Nazi regime.

I don't know if I'll ever get around to seeing Gone With the Wind, Citizen Kane, or Casablanca.
Love GWTW. Citizen Kane was torturous to watch & Casablanca is only meh for me.

I never saw GWTW but the other two are perfect. Both required two views, but they were worth it.

I might watch Gone With the Wind since the Civil War is an interesting film setting for me, even if the film is based on literature.
Is that a negative as it’s based on literature?

Is that a negative as it’s based on literature?
It's not a bad thing, but might make the film a bit challenging for me as I love US history.

It's not a bad thing, but might make the film a bit challenging for me as I love US history.
Never get your history from a movie. Very few movies are ever historically accurate and most are very inaccurate. However, historical films,\ are a great way to visualize the past and to experience what historical events might have been like.

GWTW is an excellent book & an excellent movie. Let’s leave it at that.

I don't expect historical films to be precise documentaries, but there is a difference between a film based directly on historical events and one based on a fiction book based on historical events. That's the challenge I mean.

I have studied history academically, so I know full well that movies can distort history, being a sort of visual literature themselves.

I don't expect historical films to be precise documentaries, but there is a difference between a film based directly on historical events and one based on a fiction book based on historical events. That's the challenge I mean.

I have studied history academically, so I know full well that movies can distort history, being a sort of visual literature themselves.
IMO GWTW gives the viewer a good feel for the changes that the upper class white south went through during the reconstruction period. The burning of Atlanta is visually pretty gripping too.

I would imagine that history is something that can very easily be distorted. Whether by man or by a movie, a book, a poem, a painting....

You're always going to disappoint somebody
ready player 1
wrinkle in time
project x
I'm not sure of any of these would be considered great. Ready Player 1 is probably the best of the 3 and at best I would say that it's okay.

I've never seen The Shawshank Redemption, and people have built it up so much that I know that if I do watch it I'll feel that it was a disappointment.

I can remember a substitute teacher playing some of Lawrence of Arabia, i didn't pay much attention to it,but it didn't really look that interesting from the parts i did see, also its over 3 hours, not that there is anything wrong with a long movie,some of my favorites are extremely long too but i worry this movie would bore me

The truth is in here
Lawrence Of Arabia is definitely a movie you'll appreciate more if you see it in its entirety. It's long and fairly slowpaced, but really engaging from start to finish. The cinematography alone is absolutely gorgeous to look at.

Lawrence Of Arabia is definitely a movie you'll appreciate more if you see it in its entirety. It's long and fairly slowpaced, but really engaging from start to finish. The cinematography alone is absolutely gorgeous to look at.
I'll rep that!

Never been able to watch more than 10 minutes of this movie.