Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

Putting aside movies where I stopped watching within the first few minutes or movies I started and never got around to finishing for no reason in particular, I don't know if there are that many that I actively decided to bail on. The last one I remember clearly is Hell of the Living Dead, although I decided to finish the job a few years later only to realize I made the right call initially. Not good, folks.

La La Land - There are some musicals I like (Blues Brothers, Hard Day's Night, The Unsinkable Molly Brown) but this is not one of them. I made it about halfway through the opening number on the freeway and bailed.

That's ironic, as I tried to find that movie this morning to watch. Sadly no luck in finding it.. but I did find a whole bunch episodes of the 60s TV show by the same name.
The movie was terrible but the TV show has held up remarkably well. Great recurring villains (Michael Dunn as Miguelito Loveless, Victor Buono as Count Manzeppi) and it had enough original and quirky touches to make it truly unique.

Amehdeus directed by Mehlos Forman
Amadeus is a wonderful film, but it's no surprise that someone is out there who couldn't get through it...the movie is VERY long and it doesn't exactly move like lightning.

Forest Gump (1995):
I know I know, I was much younger and may try again. But I found the performance a bit goofy at times.
I was able to get through Forrest Gump a couple of times, but I like it less and less with each re-watch.

Yeah, I agree with Gilliam's take on Schindler's, even if I know many who've seen the film don't. I just couldn't really accept Spielberg's naive childish imaginings of what the holocaust is about. I'm not sure if I still could.

I was once a Spielberg fan. His peppy candy-floss Hollywood schmuck amused me for a while with all its splendor and spectacle, but when it comes to capturing historical events, particularly one of such grotesque inhumanity, I drew the line and couldn't stomach his nonsense.
As an alleged film buff, I have always felt a duty to at some point watch Schindler's List but have been avoiding it for years and continue to do so.

As someone who generally prefers my Spielberg naive and wonderstruck, for me Schindler's List is probably his best film. I recently came to this revelation and it surprised me too.

How about movies you couldn't finish in the theatre lol My gf and a friend went to the movies a while back. We are kind of drunk. We thought we would get a good scare but found Silent Hill incredibly boring and walked out 20 minutes in lol
This is a different but similar subject than movies you couldn't finish. The only time I walked out of a movie was the 1976 comedy Nickelodeon with Burt Reynolds and Ryan O'Neal. On a similar theme, I fell sound asleep during The Hindenburgh with George C. Scott and Insomnia with Al Pacino and Robin Williams.

I'm not a fan of Mad Maxx (1979) but I hated Fury Road and shut it off after 15 minutes. I'll take The Road Warrior or even Mad Maxx Beyond Thunder Dome anyday.

I turned off Fury Road after about 25 minutes, so I did a little better than you, Citizen, LOL!

The Godfather because it just wouldn't end.

The Last House on The Left (the original) because it was too disturbing.

The Wolf of Wall Street, for the same reason as The Godfather, just way too long!

I got through The Wolf of Wall Street, but I HATED it.

Lawrence of Arabia
Unfortunately, I was just simply too bored out of my mind by this "highly acclaimed masterpiece" (and I'm someone who managed to sit through the incredibly melodramatic and long-winded revisionism of "Gone with the Wind"). I might give it another shot someday.

Schindler's List
I wasn't really in the mood to watch Spielberg's take on the holocaust at the time. It just felt kinda distasteful during my viewing. Again, might give it another shot someday.

I have purposely avoided Lawrence of Arabia forever because I'm certain I would be bored to death.

Simplistic nonsense. If this were in English, I would have bailed out even earlier. It being in Chinese lent some aura of exoticism to the movie until it didn’t.

OMG, I LOVED this movie!

I have purposely avoided Lawrence of Arabia forever because I'm certain I would be bored to death.
Lawrence of Arabia is pretty great. The performances are strong, the visuals are jaw-dropping, and it bursts with personality. The beginning of the film might be more "mannered", but it's a great ride. Of what I've seen from Lean, this one's up at the top just under Brief Encounter.

I turned off Fury Road after about 25 minutes, so I did a little better than you, Citizen, LOL!
I think that Fury Road is legit a great film. It's certainly one of the best things I've seen in the theater in the last decade. It's reliance on visual storytelling is pretty fabulous (see a Lindsay Ellis video essay about the film's use of visual set-up and payoff--WARNING SPOILERS--
), the action scenes are chaotic and dynamic and yet easy to understand and follow, and the actors inhabit their roles very well. It's one of a handful of films that have made me cry in the theater and it's endlessly rewatchable.

The NY Times must be on crack to suggest this totally mediocre rubbish.