ITT: Post actors so distinctive it's tough to judge their abilities

Tools    

For example, every Morgan Freeman role is a Morgan Freeman character. Cool, wise, with a slick voice. His mannerisms are so unique/absolutely him, he doesn't have a ton of range.

So...

Morgan Freeman
Liam Neeson
Samuel L Jackson
Tom Cruise
Denzel Washington to a degree.

Who else?

That guy with the Alien avatar.
No, I swear I've seen him in a movie somewhere. Unless you're a famous actor. In which case, to engage in friendly social dissociation and non-hostile antagonism, I must say... "Mlaturno".

A system of cells interlinked
Jack Nicholson

He is obviously skilled, but I always see Jack.

I've read the title of this thread several times trying to figure out exactly what you mean and what I come back to is actors who are pretty much the same in every movie that they make, they basically play themselves in every movie they make. If that is what you're talking about, the first person that comes to mind is Will Smith. If you're talking about something else, I'm going to need a little more than your Morgan Freeman analogy.

If I understand this thread, you are talking about actors who we see as them and not as their character. Their unique traits or characteristics are more dominant in their roles than the characters themselves.

My pick is Sam Rockwell. Every time I see him on the screen, I am watching Sam Rockwell and not a chameleon who can take on the character and become something different. From Green Mile to Moon, it is Sam Rockwell. The funny thing is, that is exactly what I want. He may not have some incredible range, but when he is let loose in a role (quick wit with a healthy dose of sarcasm) I struggle to think of someone more fun to watch take-over a film. The Way Way Back is a perfect example of this and I am really disappointed in how few people have seen it.

Greatest Sidekick Ever
I would say Al Pacino tops my list with Nicolas Cage (only in his good acting roles) following him. They definitely have some acting techniques that is very distinguishable and over-acting abilities that is so entertaining to watch.

Movie stars or movie actors? Movie stars are supposed to be 'themselves', aren't they? As Joan Crawford put it, if you want the girl next door, go next door.