Alien Vs. Predator

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
If you have a problem with the thread being locked, I suggest you take it up with the members who ignored my warning… one of which was yourself.... And if you don’t like the way this forum is moderated… you have the option to leave... no one forced you to sign up here and no one is forcing you to stay… it is as simple as that.

Originally Posted by Caitlyn
John… what’s up with this “Bud” thing?
Don't know!! SB said it too me once and it's been stuck ever since.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Im glad the FVJ board is gone, it was tiring too see that bull goin on and on.

at least it was interesting

In Tyler We Trust
yea

ok, i tried to start up FVJ2, help me out here, it was a good board until all the flame wars, let's do better this time

I'm not gonna take this film seriously. It's not a sequal to either of the series. It's just a duke-out, a brawl with a little story in it not to shadow over the real two. I think it should be good if they just base it on the two species fighting and don't try to tie it in to either of the other movies because there's just no freaken need for that. As for the marines, it wouldn't hurt to have a segment in there but they're not really needed. We've seen marines fight these two before hahaha. I'm just interested in watching the aliens fight. I hope they don't have an ID4 invasion theme either. And I'm routing for Predator. How can you not? He's the predator. hahaha

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
I'm not gonna take this film seriously. It's not a sequal to either of the series. It's just a duke-out, a brawl with a little story in it not to shadow over the real two. I think it should be good if they just base it on the two species fighting and don't try to tie it in to either of the other movies because there's just no freaken need for that. As for the marines, it wouldn't hurt to have a segment in there but they're not really needed. We've seen marines fight these two before hahaha. I'm just interested in watching the aliens fight. I hope they don't have an ID4 invasion theme either. And I'm routing for Predator. How can you not? He's the predator. hahaha

Actually, aliens vs. predator is hardly a new idea. There has been novels, comics and video games using the same title. The marines always get caught in the middle.

well, sry to disappoint u, but they tied it to the alien plot a little, Mr. Weyland is played by Lance Henrikson, the guy who played Bishop, and Weyland, as in Weyland-Yutani corp.

Well hello Mr. Fancypants
Ok i have had a little time to think.. and now i just saw the new internet preview and it is starting to look pretty damned cool. I still don't expect it to live up to the mastery of the original series of either franchise but i'm now looking forward to a 1hr30min alien predator slashfest

"if i had the words i would say... HOLY CRAP!!"

You ain't leadin nothin but two things right now... jack and sh*t... and jack left town"

i expect it to surpass the predator movies, i mean, ok, Predator kicks major A.S.S., but the movies were done much worse than the Alien movies, mostly cause they had Giger, but i do expect AVP to surpass Predator 1, and maybe 2, but that's just me

The trailer in front of chronicles of Riddick was awesome

Yes exactly. When I saw Lance Henriickson's face on the screen at the beginning, i automatically knew what the trailer was. It was a sweet trailer. I can't wait till it's posted here.

Originally Posted by jrs
Yes exactly. When I saw Lance Henriickson's face on the screen at the beginning, i automatically knew what the trailer was. It was a sweet trailer. I can't wait till it's posted here.
here, take it

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/av...ive/large.html

Personally I thought the first Predator was just as good as the alien movies. The second Alien movie would probably be considered better but the predator was without a doubt a great movie. When I go to see this movie, I'm not going to be comparing it to the two franchise movies because that's just silly. I'm not looking to see if it's a big drama movie or if the diologue is groundbreaking. I just want to see a good showdown that's entertaining and not extremely corney. If they do that, the movie in my book is a success. I mean, yeah, there's always people that are gonna say it ruined the frachises but did you really care about the franchises anyway? Talk about movies that aren't serious at all. I mean give me a break. I think this one (entertainment-wise) will be the better than all the others which i don't care if it is because the other ones were a joke anyway in the grand sceme of alien movies (to a lesser extant predator). So, in conclusion, don't think about this movie as a movie in the franchise because it's not. It's just a fun movie that pitts together two movie adversaries. I think it should be a whallop. The next thing they should do is Robocop versus Terminator. That one would be better than the third terminator without a doubt. Hell, if I penned the screenplay for that movie, it would be better than terminator 3, ha ha ha. My two cents.

Originally Posted by Krackalackin
Personally I thought the first Predator was just as good as the alien movies. The second Alien movie would probably be considered better but the predator was without a doubt a great movie. When I go to see this movie, I'm not going to be comparing it to the two franchise movies because that's just silly. I'm not looking to see if it's a big drama movie or if the diologue is groundbreaking. I just want to see a good showdown that's entertaining and not extremely corney. If they do that, the movie in my book is a success. I mean, yeah, there's always people that are gonna say it ruined the frachises but did you really care about the franchises anyway? Talk about movies that aren't serious at all. I mean give me a break. I think this one (entertainment-wise) will be the better than all the others which i don't care if it is because the other ones were a joke anyway in the grand sceme of alien movies (to a lesser extant predator). So, in conclusion, don't think about this movie as a movie in the franchise because it's not. It's just a fun movie that pitts together two movie adversaries. I think it should be a whallop. The next thing they should do is Robocop versus Terminator. That one would be better than the third terminator without a doubt. Hell, if I penned the screenplay for that movie, it would be better than terminator 3, ha ha ha. My two cents.
thank you, finally someone who's not so damn critical of every movie, i definately agree, if it doesn't have some really stupid, corny plot, and there's a brawlfest between aliens and preds, then good enough for me

I am getting more excited about this movie every day. Its gonna be great, the highlight of the summer movies for me.