The MoFo Support Group

Tools    

The MoFo Support Group

Since you offered :

The last few weeks have been pretty much awful for us. My Mother fell and broke her arm in 3 places (she is 76) and it is very hard to see her go through that kind of pain. One of my daughters recently turned 18 and has since decided to do everything I never allowed her to do. I am a pretty laid back Father so I do not get it, in the span of a couple of months she has been in trouble with the law, got at least 10 piercings (that i know of), had 3 different boyfriends, never sees her 2 year old daughter. She was supossed to take her out for halloween, but for whatever reson that did not happen. The list goes on with her and I am at a loss how to help her. I do not mind the piercings really, just too many all at once I guess. I had to close down my computer shop not long ago and I am workign from home. I am doing all right, but being home all the time is getting to me. I am starting a new job on monday doing tech support. I am still keeping my repair buisness also, I hope my old body can take all the work . My oldest son who will soon be 22 does not have a job. He still lives with us and does almost nothing around here. I do not allow this for the most part, but he has a social problem and needs to find a job where he does not have to directly deal with people. He has been to a therapist for this, but nothing seems to help. He is a great kid and he is smart too and his heart is as big as the moon, but he needs to become more independent or find a rich woman . I will stop there, but that is just the tip of the iceberg lately. I am not really complaining because I know how lucky I am, call it more like - sharing. I am not sure how the new job is going to effect (affect? I always screw that one up) my online time because although I will have the ability to go online there, I am not sure what the policies are so I may have to give up a lot of my online time here and elsewhere. Anyway thanks for a spot to vent a bit.

Your son probably does want to deal directly with people, but what kind of people? There's probably types of people he doesn't want to work around.
Well he is a lot like me in that aspect, at least when it comes to a job. He hates arguing and confrontation. For example: he had a job for 2 days at a fast food place, a customer complained about somehting and he felt so awful about that he quit. Laziness is not the problem here, he hates not doing the right thing, to a fault. I try to tell him that, at that level, his job is to do what he is told and if there is a problem to refer said problem to a manager.

He reminds me of the character in Magnolia who said:

I really do have love to give, I just don't know where to put it.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
So he's painfully shy? He's going to have to do something to get over it. Has he volunteered to work at a Salvation Army or GoodWill store? Or even just collect goods on the curbs for them? That might help; some type of volunteer work. I was very shy when I was a teenager, but I still enjoyed sports and movies, so I had my way to ignore most of my fellow students but still participate and feel some self-esteem. He's got to have other things he enjoys doing which will enable him to help people without getting in confrontations.

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
getting over being painfully shy is probably one of the worst things ever. i am very, very timid in person, but have managed to be much, much better about it over the last couple years or so. its still really hard, though. it makes me feel like a failure when i can't be personable and comfortable around my boyfriends friends. and when a co-worker is nice and tries small talk i go all f*cking sh*t. its terrible.

7thson, you've always had so much on your plate, but i've got a lot of respect for you because despite that you seem like such a nice, lovely person. i aspire!

So he's painfully shy? He's going to have to do something to get over it. Has he volunteered to work at a Salvation Army or GoodWill store?

This is quite funny for you to ask because his first job ever was working at goodwill, a paying job. He kept that job for about 2 months and one day he lost the keys to something and got yelled at. It destroyed him and he could not go back to work.

It is not so much as being shy as it is at feeling guilty. He can talk to strangers, that is not a problem, until the stranger says anything negative at all. He just hates being out down. it is a tough thing I know and we are working on it.

He is a great kid and he is smart too and his heart is as big as the moon, but he needs to become more independent or find a rich woman .
If he finds one, can he ask her if she's got a friend.

I am not sure how the new job is going to effect (affect? I always screw that one up)
It's affect. Your job could affect your online time. Your online time would be effected by your job. But that's just me being a smart arse, which is actually one of my problems.

Anyway, onto the serious stuff. 7thson I hope that your new job goes really well and that you enjoy it.

I'm not a parent, so I won't even pretend to understand the pain and worry a child can put you through. All I will say is that they're both young and, therefore, have a great deal of time to find who they are, what they want and change their ways. Besides, if you can't rebel at 18 when can you?!? That's the whole point of being 18.

Obviously they're going to need help at times, but that's what parents are for isn't it? (That and borrowing money from. God bless the Bank of Mum & Dad. ) And you sound as if you've been and are a good parent, so I think they're in good hands.

BTW, tell your daughter that, if she really wants to piss you off, to vote for Obama. It looks like he'll win anyway and it might delay another piercing.

BTW, tell your daughter that, if she really wants to piss you off, to vote for Obama. It looks like he'll win anyway and it might delay another piercing.

That has to be the most funniest and unfunniest things I have ever heard all at the same time. My mind is messed up enough , why you gotta help it?

I feel pretty good at the moment.
Gravity is pulling my chest down to my waist.
My Neck and head look like a pez dispenser.
I wish I could help you guys feel better.
But we do have friends here at MoFo.
I feel it.
We are electronic neighbors talking over the fence.
In the cardgame of life, try to draw more cards.
Play the ones you have right now, but hang in there.
Things do get better.
I hope they do.
Or I'm screwed.

My second cat in the past 2 years just died, as you all know. Now my dog is going blind. Someone let some ******* steal a good 10,000 plus of items from a family member's home. These things were willed to us. Along with a good 35 - 40 thousand that we probably won't see until next summer. It's a good thing the economy is going so well, or I'd be pissed off. Oh, and my physical problems that I've been fighting for about a year and a half now.

I can't actually answer any "Will" questions. Just so you know.

p.s

I'm in a real good mood tonight! I just posted this **** because 7thson asked someone to post something.

My luck has always been this bad. I'm rather numb to the bulk of it. Outside of death issues, of course.

Seriously, 9 times out of 10, I make stupid jokes about pretty much everything bad that happens.

So, since you're sharing and all, how could you stay with someone who forbids you to do something so harmless? Also, why did Slay threaten to kill him and was he in the position to actually do so (live near by or some such thing). Ah...prime time mofo drama and I wasn't around to see it...