Movie Lines You Routinely Incorporate Into Your Day-to-Day Life

Tools    

I know I'm not the only one who does this. Usually, it's with comedies. If I step outside on a hot day with someone, it's even money that one of us will look at the other and say "Milk was a bad choice!"

Sometimes, it's out of nowhere. Last week I was sitting at a poker game and started the "I still don't know to this day what those two Italian ladies were signing about" monologue from The Shawshank Redemption for no apparent reason.

It goes to ridiculous lengths at times; if, at one of said poker games, someone uses the phrase "chillin' out" for any reason, there's approximately a 95% chance someone will continue with the second-half of the theme song from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, at which point two or three others will join in, and it won't stop -- literally -- until they've gone all the way through.

So, what memorable lines, from movies or TV, do you find yourself using in day-to-day life on a daily basis? Have you ever quoted a movie without explanation and had someone not recognize it? Did you explain it to them, or just move on?

Very True, I tend to use quotes around people that only know what I'm talking about. My favorite is from Old School when Mitch is in the cab...

Mitch: I'm Sorry,Your seatbelt seems to be broken,What do you reccomend i do?
Cabdriver:I reccomend you stop being such a F*****. You're in the back seat.

I find myself using that one quite a bit around friends when they tend to complain about the most trivial things. It always sparks a good laugh and many other movie refrences

A system of cells interlinked
Oh man, I constantly do this, to the point where I question whether or not my entire vocabulary is made up of movie quotes...

"Is there anyone on this planet to even challenge me?!" - Superman II

"Who stole my frozen banana guacamole??" And HEY!! They also got away with my nude pictures of Ernest Borgnine!" - Don't remember where I got this one, but it makes people laugh...

"Only now do you understand...." - Return of the Jedi

"Very impressive, you speak chinese just like a native" - The Muppets Take Manhatten (damn, I'm lame)

"Aye, and if my grandmother had wheels, she'd be a wagon" - Star Trek IV - The Voyage Home

"You must Chill!" - Say Anything

"You're stewed buttwad!" - Weird Science

and for any hungover folks... another weird sci classic...

"How would you like a greasy pork sandwich, served in a dirty ashtray?"

The whole movies I routinely quote the most from are probably Fletch, Quick Change, Joe vs. the Volcano and Young Frankenstein. There are at least a dozen lines from each of those I'll recite almost daily, including...
  • "You should have seen my shoes."
  • "Buenos dias. Coke and Taco."
  • "Does this proposition entail my dressing up as Little Bo Peep?"
  • "You don't mean Communists, do you, Sam?"
  • "And a damn fine answer, if I do say so my damn self."
  • "Melanoma, carcinoma, some kind of noma.
  • "I don't know, I don't have any....No elephant books."
  • "Thank you, Doc. You ever serve time?"
  • "Ah, you usin' the whole fist, Doc?"
  • "I rent 'em. I have a lease with an option to buy."
  • "Not since breakfast."
  • "He draws the foul!"
  • "I'm a shepherd."
  • "Ah, come on guys. It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course? It's all ball bearings nowadays."
  • "I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull rank on you, I didn't want to have to do this. I'm with the mattress poilce. There are no tags on these matresses. I'm gonna have to take you downtown."
  • "Why don't you guys go down to the gym and pump each other."
  • "You and your wife are currently alive, I take it."
  • "If you shoot me you're liable to loose a lot of those humanitarian awards."
  • "Thank god, the Police."
  • "Smile. Say flesh. Look, defenseless babies!"
  • "Sometimes thier noses are horns."
  • "It's bad luck just seein' a thing like that."
  • "They're on a blufftone!"
  • "And thanks, for calling me 'friend'."
  • "Get your own women."
  • "Quiet! No codes."
  • "He doesn't even understand colors!"
  • "This ain't my dick in your back"
    "That's a relief."
  • "Then I said, 'It's all over, Chuckles,' and wrassled him to the floor, but he got some gal in his sights and I had to let up. That's when he coldcocked me"
  • "Oh, Sir. You forgot your map, and our million dollars."
  • "Well, unless someone wants to make a higher offer? It's got a moon on it."
  • "Ooooh, Baby; up yer butt with a cocanut!"
  • "You could have given us help, but you've given us so much more."
  • "I'm not arguing that with you!....I know he can get the job, but can he do the job?.....Who said that?....If I said that, I would have been wrong......I'm not arguing that with you...."
  • "Not that anybody could look good under these zombie lights. I can feel them sucking the juice out of my eyeballs."
  • "I'm not sick except for this terminal disease?"
    "Which has no symptoms."
  • "You didn't get a second opinion on something called a 'brain cloud'?"
  • "I bribed them, to sing us a song that would drive us insane and make our hearts swell and burst."
  • "Damned if I know, Kemosabe. All I know is when you're making those kinds of calls, you're up in the high country."
  • "Live like a king, die like a man, that's what I say."
  • "Very exciting....as a luggage problem."
  • "Wherever we go, whatever we do, we're gonna take this luggage with us."
  • "I love you too. I've never been in love with anybody before either. It's great, I am glad. But the timing sticks, I gotta go."
  • "I'm a flibbertygibbit."
  • "I have no response to that."
  • "Ovaltine?"
  • "Put the candle back!"
  • "Taffeta, sweetheart."
  • "Certainly, you take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban."
  • "Roll, roll, roll is zee hay...!"
  • "He'd have an enormous schwanschtucker."
  • "Abby someone."
  • "Sed-a-GIVE!?!"
  • "Quiet dignity and grace."
  • "Wait, where are you going? I was going to make espresso."
  • "Are you speaking of the worm or the spaghetti?"
  • "What the Hell are you doing in the bathroom day and night? Why don't you get out of there and give someone else a chance?"
  • I'll say it. DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ESCAPING THAT FOR ME! DESTINY! DESTINY! NO ESCAPING THAT FOR ME!
  • "A riot is an ungly thing... undt, I tink, that it is chust about time ve had vun."
And on and on.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

The Adventure Starts Here!
Aha, Holden, I had to read through your whole list waiting for the Young Frankenstein quotes. Would you believe I have the soundtrack from that album ... on vinyl? Anyone who quotes from YF is aces in my book, of course.

I'm surprised Yoda didn't mention the most obvious movie-quoting-instigator of all time ... and I bet this holds true for just about anybody here: All you have to do in a group of semi-normal people is quote ONE line (oh heck, half a line) from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and usually everyone else keeps going and pretty much quotes the whole rest of the movie.

"...with big nasty teeth!"
"... some call me Tim."
"We are the knights who say 'Ni'!"
"It's only a flesh wound."
"I got better."
"Bring out yer dead!"
"Run away! Run away!"
[singing] "I have to push the pram a lot!"
"What is your favorite color?" "Blue -- no, green!"

Well, okay, I'll stop -- but we all know I could have gone on forever. Quoting from The Holy Grail is addictive, so you're probably all sitting there running through entire scenes in your head.

"Catch you on the flip side"

i never started saying that untill i saw boondock saints when Funnyman rocco says it

and Young Frankenstein is my 2nd favorite movie by mel brooks
1st of course would be Spaceballs.

"You idiots! These are not them! You've captured their stunt doubles!"

[Black Soldiers coming desert with large pick] "We aint find s***"

Birdy! Butterfly! Tiger!

Dirtier than Harry
"Give me the ****ing keys, you ****ing *********** mother****er, AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!"

Don't ask.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
What, this old thing? I only wear it when I don't care what I look like! (It's A Wonderful Life)

Six hunned dollahs?! It's not even leathah!!! (Working Girl)

"-wise" meaning "in reference to" (The Apartment)

Inconcievable. (The Princess Bride)

I am NOT drinking any F**KING MERLOT!!! (Sideways)

Jae
Movie Fanatic
I'll be back.

Do you understand the words that are commin' out of my mouth?

Gimme a litre o' cola.

Eatin' a b*tch out, and givin' a b*tch a foot massage ain't even the same f**ckin' thing.

"Lead the way, Jorge"

- Tarantino in Desperado.

i'll be back!

oh yes,there will be blood.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
i too feel the need to sing, in its entirety, the theme song to the fresh prince.

I regularly say:
  • 'lets get some f**king french toast!' - 40 year old virgin
  • 'good things' (complete with ear lobe rubbing) - Along came Polly
  • 'Spank you, spank you very much' - Ace Ventura
  • 'In the jungle the mighty jungle...' - also from ace ventura
  • I make my younger brother do the 'Truffle Shuffle' from the Goonies
  • as well as countless buffy quotes between close friends who can excuse this annoying habit
  • 'Have you seen a man eat his own head?' (wait for response) 'Then you haven't seen everything have you?' - team america
  • 'Nobody takes me serirousryyyy....' - Team America
  • 'Surprise c**kfags!' - team america

Too tight? You could land a jumbo fu*king jet in that (Snatch)

Lock, stock, the fu*kin' lot. (lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels)

Remember it ,Write it down, take a picture, I don't give a fu*k (Friday)

Do the letters F.O mean anything to you? (Smokey and the Bandit)

You can't negotiate turns. You can't signal properly. You can't maintain speed. You can't parallel park. Hell, you can't drive. (Gone in 60 Seconds)

......Being a lorry driver i can alway's count on a few choice phrases to shout at people who p*ss me off on the road!!!

The People's Republic of Clogher
Years ago, I used to regularly use quotes from Withnail & I in polite conversation ("I demand to have some booze!" etc etc etc) before realising that it was an incredibly uncool thing to do.

Maybe it was something to do with being a student?

This is a funny one

Yeeeeaaaaa Booooooooy- Shaun of the Dead

"Get the f_ck out of my way!" - Tom Green ("Gord," Freddy Got Fingered)

I've said that for years but when Tom Green, or Gord, said it to an old lady that got in his way while driving a car he made it a classic. It's from Freddy Got Fingered which is, by the way, the best movie to ever come out of the planet earth.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Terminatior........I'll be back, and for some reason I have to do it in the same tone and accent. LOL.