The Movie Club Selection Poll

Tools    

Which of these movies do you want to watch in the new Movie Club?
34.29%
12 votes
Rashomon
11.43%
4 votes
Around The Bend
17.14%
6 votes
Heaven Can Wait (1943)
28.57%
10 votes
The Conversation
8.57%
3 votes
Maria Full of Grace
35 votes. You may not vote on this poll

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Strummer521
*sigh* Netflix is really calling my name, but I feel like switching to a new service and having to build up my queue again when I already have over 500 titles in my old one.

Wow, I am a netflix noob... My queue only has 26 titles in it. It seems like it would be a bitch to organize at 500 titles....is it?

I got for good luck my black tooth.
yup...it's a mad bizzitch. I always used to struggle to decide which movies should go where. Obviously with over 500 I may never even recieve all of 'em. So now I just don't worry about it and only organize the top ten.

BTW: Looks like I may be sitting out this first film since I didn't recieve it.

Lets put a smile on that block
GRRR! I got sent Traffic instead of Rashomon! I don't know if im going to be able to watch in time. Stupid LoveFilm, i take all the good things i said earlier back.

And ive been with them for THREE years, about the same amount of time iv'e been on this FORUM.

What an odd thing for me to say....

Looks like Christine was right. Why don't we switch to The Dukes of Hazzard? It can be stimulating. *sigh*
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Looks like Christine was right. Why don't we switch to The Dukes of Hazzard? It can be stimulating. *sigh*
I am ashamed

Blib, I can post you a copy of it if you want. It might not arrive until Monday though.

I'd post one to you too, Strummer. But you're in America, so it'd take a while and cost a little bit more.

Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
I'd post one to you too, Strummer. But you're in America, so it'd take a while and cost a little bit more.
Right...I don't mind skipping this one.

Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
Blib, I can post you a copy of it if you want. It might not arrive until Monday though.
Your heart is made of angel poo. It truly is.

Oh thats a good thing by the way

Right then, no rush to this...you can wait till y'all are done discussing Rashomon, but I think since Sedai was the first to respond to the poll, he should pick the next film or set up his own poll if he'd rather. Any objections? Good, didn't think so.

The movie club failed miserably on its first run...I think we need to rethink how we go about this.

Let me do a little research before we start another one.

The movie club failed miserably on its first run
subtext: Strummer failed miserably on his first run .

Originally Posted by Strummer521
subtext: Strummer failed miserably on his first run .
No, not at all. We chose a film that some couldn't get their hands on, and those that could apparently chose not to.

Those aren't your errors.

The People's Republic of Clogher
and those that could apparently chose not to.
Or, for one reason or another, couldn't...

Haven't had the time to watch many movies lately, and those that I have, have been with other people.

Put me in your pocket...
Strummer...Brian's right. You didn't fail at all. Maybe not as many people joined in as you had hoped, but of the people that did, they all left very interesting insights...and maybe have encouraged others to check out this movie. That's a good thing, right?

And, don't forget that this is also a crazy time of year for some people with school starting. So, don't feel bad.

A system of cells interlinked
The movie club failed miserably on its first run...I think we need to rethink how we go about this.

Let me do a little research before we start another one.
How did it fail? Didn't some get to watch it? I did, but just haven't had time to sit and go off about the movie yet....Busy times...

Yeah...

Poor Strummer. First, he outgrows The Land Before Time...now this.

...and sorry, Tac...I was talking like a jerk. Just a little frustrated.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
The Rashomon thread isn't going to vanish (is it?) so whoever sees the movie, whenever they get to it can still join in on the discussion of it.

There will probably not be many films that everyone can get or will want to see. "Success" is probably going to look a lot like the thread we have going, hopefully with more people as we go along.

The next film is Sedai's choice, or he can post a poll and let people vote on a few films of his choosing.