Hypnotising Movies like a DMT experience

Tools    

So recently I watched Mandy and I found the movie kind of hypnotising it's what I imagine a DMT experience to be like but I wouldn't know since I've never taken it, but movies can be a drug and I hope to find the most hypnotic and Potent movies. Also MuHolland Drive gives a similar effect in fact a lot of David Lynch films do. Donnie Darko is also very hypnotizing. And I'm also looking for films that can dull me into a state of relaxation. Gattaca has this effect on me and also kwaidan the Japanese film. So what would you recommend

I wouldn't pretend to know about DMT, but Cronenberg's Cosmopolis had a really potent hypnotising effect on me.

I was really entranced by it, and I mean that literally. I remember wanting to go to the bathroom : the urge was strong, but my will was gone And then one character said "Stop to pee", and without realising it I immediately jerked forward and hit that space button, and when I came back from the bathroom I read the subtitle on the screen and realised what had happened.

Themroc (1973) left me a bit wobbly.

On similar lines to Tarkovsky I would recommend Marketa Lazarova. A medieval epic might not sound like the best fit for that kind of film but its made in a deliberately disconcerting fashion, strange compositions though scenery, echoey dubbing, etc.

Weird is relative.
I don't think "watching a movie" would be like experiencing DMT (not even if you're smoking/taking cannabis), but as for "hypnotising" I liked The Wild Boys last year.
Not as good but still creative - Let the Corpses Tan, also released theatrically in 2018.

Embrace of the Serpent (2015) from Colombia is quite interesting, too.

If you like performance art, there's The Color of Pomegranates (1969).

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Enter the Void (2009)
Despite not being a fan of this film and some very NSFW content. This was the first movie I thought of.

Suspect's Reviews

What cat said. Saves me typing ..... though no mention of Begotten ??

Seriously ... quite a lot of Jess Franco's work is quite trance enducing ... this I sees as a good thing

I'd have added that in a complete list of ****ed up movies (always had a soft spot for those).

Aye, well it always put me into a lull. Though I could say the same about The Colour Of Money