Official Leonardo DiCaprio Thread

Tools    

Leonardo is a decent actor. I don't think he could crack my 50 Greatest Actors of All-Time list but he certainly is popular with the younger folk.

The first movie I ever saw him in was What's Eating Gilbert Grape.

he was born to be an actor i admire his skill!

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
For me, it doesn't get better than What's Eating Gilbert Grape. One of the best actors working today. Blah blah, additional generic praise comment.

Fantastic actor. The Departed and Inception are my two favorites of his.

I only have a few that are my favorites....Blood Diamond, The Departed and recently Shutter Island.....

I absolutely adore Leonardo DiCaprio, he's definitely one of my favorite actors! It all started one night when I decided to watch This Boy's Life, and I absolutely loved it, then I watched more and more of his movies and he just became one of my favorites.

He was good in The Aviator and Basketball Diaries.But sometimes his performances looks too dramatic for me - Titanic,Inception,Shutter Island and Blood Diamond.Well maybe it's because I didn't like these movies but still I wouldn't say that Dicaprio is my favorite or that he could be the next DeNiro.However,Leo is one of the most handsome actors.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I think he's had some good performances, but he isn't necessarily the best. What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Departed, and Inception are all solid performances in my book. For whatever reason I didn't dig Blood Diamond 100%, but it's ok.

After I saw him in Basketball Diaries, I had a feeling that DiCaprio was going to go on and become a super star. He had that James Dean naturalness and vulnerability.
Of his generation, no one can touch him. James Franco, whom I like, doeesn't have the intensity. Christian Bale ceratinly has the intensity but I don't see the same versatility. Johnny Depp is about ten years older and he would be the only one to possess similiar acting ability, but he would need to be a bit more selective in his choice of roles now and open himself up to working with Martin Scorcese and more movies with Michael Mann.

I think he's had some good performances, but he isn't necessarily the best. What's Eating Gilbert Grape, Departed, and Inception are all solid performances in my book. For whatever reason I didn't dig Blood Diamond 100%, but it's ok.

The Aviator was pretty bad in my opinion anyway. I like Cate & Kate But it didn't work for me!

his performances looks too dramatic for me - Titanic,Inception,Shutter Island
His performances in Inception, and Shutter Island were hardly 'too dramatic'.