Michael Pitt

Tools    

I want to hear some thoughts on this fellow. I've seen him in a handful of films now, and I'm really impressed. He's got a very expressive voice and face, and his performances are consistently original. He is Oscar-worthy in The Dreamers, as far as I'm concerned, and he was riveting as a Kurt Cobain-esque doomed rocker in Last Days.

Opinions?

See the trailer here:

I've only Watched The Dreamers and his performance
was outstanding,Plus his performance of "Hey Joe" by Jimmy Hendrix was awesome it's my favourite part of the whole movie.This guy has the potential to become something big too bad that a lot of people don't know him very well

Yeah... it's good that he's taking such obscure work, though. He's a really unconventional actor. I agree, his performance of "Hey Joe" is pretty cool. His delivery of every bit of dialogue in The Dreamers is amazingly unique.

Not very cute when he looks like this.

Oh yeah, this is the guy from Hedwig! And Jailbait!

Not exactly Brad Pitt. He needs a haircut.

When I first saw him in The Dreamers, I couldn't help resenting whichever indie distribution company was trying to recreate DiCaprio's teen heartthrob portion of his career by using the DNA from some mole of his, BUT, ever since I saw him in Last Days (my personal favorite performance of 2005), I have been very excited about watching him in pretty much anything. Another great job of his is the bratty, oversexed, and clueless child conspirator in Larry Clark's "Bully," a good little film that's probably the best examination of the youth mob mentality I've seen. Anyways, he's great in it (as is Nick Stahl), and I'm very excited about seeing him in Abel Ferrera's newest, "Pericile il Nero," a prequel to "King of New York," at least according to imdb......
Another one I've been meaning to see for a while is Murder by Numbers, with Ryan Gosling.

Another one I've been meaning to see for a while is Murder by Numbers, with Ryan Gosling.
Don't bother - terrible film, but great performances from Pitt and Gosling.

BUT, ever since I saw him in Last Days (my personal favorite performance of 2005), I have been very excited about watching him in pretty much anything.
That's probably my favorite performance of 2005 too! Very good choice. That was one hell of a subtle but convincing transformation.