Terrence Malick

Tools    

It's funny it seems to be kind of a love it/hate it when it comes to TTRL. I'm in the love it camp and I also thought The New World was fantastic, I'm looking forward to seeing his other two films.

Do you wanna party? Its party time!
I've only seen The New World, and I really liked that movie although I felt the ending dragged on a bit too long and the third act was too weak. Still I think of it as a window into his style, and I really want to seek out more of his films.

Latest Movie Viewing: Wings (1927)
Latest Album Listened To: Honky Château, Elton John (1972)
Latest TV Show Viewed: Doctor Who

I am having a nervous breakdance
I haven't seen Days of Heaven for quite a while but I especially remember one scene that stroke me as a very good example of Malick's directing style and of his greatness as a director. I belive it was the part where a swarm of grasshoppers invades the farm and destroys the crop. I don't think one word was uttered on the screen for several minutes but Malick still manages to tell the story in a way that the audience understands the plot completely. Malick is really a visual director, he drives the story forward with images rather than dialogue. He's a master.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I am half agony, half hope.
Malick is set to start filming in March on his newest movie, Tree of Life. Heath Ledger and Sean Penn are attached to the project, but I can't find much else on it, except it's a 'complex drama' Malick has been working on since 1978. Anybody else got more info?

Johann von Goethe