Top 10 of 2009 so far

→ in
Tools    

Not only late, but wrong, as there's no mention of Black Dynamite and yet has both Avatar and Inglorious Basterds.

I own Black Dynamite but haven't seen it yet. Avatar has great technical achievements, and while it's weak substance wise it's extremely strong in visuals. Inglorious Basterds while it might be my least favorite Tarantino (which isn't bad) it's his most artistically accomplished.

Not only late, but wrong, as there's no mention of Black Dynamite and yet has both Avatar and Inglorious Basterds.
So? You already know your tastes are rather heterodox, so you shouldn't expect that other people to react in the same way as you do, pointing out to the same movies as exceptional. I still haven't watched black dynamite, and I also not planning to watch it soon. Basically, there are two types of movies: those that everyone watched and those that only you watched and your example fits the second. Black dynamite (judging from the cover, screenshots and synopsis) looks like something that only few film critics and buffs would place above Avatar and Inglorious Basterds, for instance.

The only 2009 movie I have seem (though I don't know if it was released in 2009 in the US, but someone could easily get it until the end of the year) which I would give
didn't receive a single mention there (it's the only 2009 movie in my top 100 favorites) and I am not complaining, because I know my tastes and experience with film aren't the most ordinary among westerners, I don't expect others to watch it as well.

So? You already know your tastes are rather heterodox, so you shouldn't expect that other people to react in the same way as you do, pointing out to the same movies as exceptional.
He just likes reminding people. Usually without elaboration. Repeatedly.

I don't get it either.