What Critically Bashed Films Do You Like?

Tools    

Was Batman Returns critically bashed? I'm not really doubting, I just can't remember it getting a drubbing.
I wouldn't say "bashed", but it was not regarded as a worthy follow up to the first Burton Batman by most critics. It was a critical darling compared to the subsequent Joel Schumacher-helmed Bat flicks, but in general it was not well received, no.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I can remember that many critics were disturbed by the intro of both (especially) Penguin (chomping on bleeding "meat") and Catwoman being an incredible victim. Needless to say, I thought both scenes were great in that they were "anti-commerical" and established both characters quickly.

Really liked:
Death to Smoochy (I think some people didn't get it, dark comedy)
and
All the King's Men

I thought this was an excellent film, great acting and screenplay:
Shrink

There are those who call me...Tim.
Dante's Peak (1997)

It has James Bond and John Connor's mum running away from an expldoing mountain, what's not to love?

Well according to the 29% score on Rotten Tomatoes, apparently quite a lot... but I love it. I love the corny love story, the cliched characters, the action set pieces etc. However, top trumps must go to the films' incredible special effects which I think still look incredibly realistic today.

Last Action Hero.
Many of the Godzilla films.

Southland Tales
If this was indeed critically bashed, that's unfortunate. Fascinating film.

I can name several Disney movies that got bashed lately that I thought were rather good animated films with good stories. The Emperor's New Groove with David Spade tops my list. This film had a great story and had a lot of sarcastic humor that only David Spade can do so well.

If this was indeed critically bashed, that's unfortunate. Fascinating film.

Well it was on alot of Worst of the year lists that year so I'd consider it bashed. I actually thought I was the only person in the world who liked it. I actually prefer it to Donnie Darko.

The Ninth Gate

The Salton Sea

Was The Salton Sea critically bashed? I can only remember good reviews of that film. It wasn't seen by too many when it was released or even on rental, but I don't remember it getting a kicking.

From Dusk Till Dawn, on the other hand...