My 50 Favorite Films, Updated & Revised

→ in
Tools    

Buffalo '66, although great, had a short-lived stay on my top 50. Replaced by The Talented Mr. Ripley, one of the most underrated films of the 1990s.

See the trailer here:

Lots of films added, order revised, and prettier pictures incorporated. I may expand it to a top 100 with quotes and reviews one day... but we'll see...

Comments?? Recommendations??

You could think about adding a few comments as to why you like each film. Also, if/when you put new films in, you should make it clear that that's what you've done and, either, which film it's replaced or which film has had to make way, depending on the circumstances.

Yeah, I agree with honeykid. Also, fifty movies can't possibly be enough to reflect your film interests.

Nice looking list. I too, would love to hear a few thoughts on why you enjoy these flicks so much. Hope you expand it soon and "let it all out", so to speak.

Very nice list, mate. You sure do like you sweeping epics. I think almost every film in that list is critically acclaimed.

That's a damn fine list you got there. I'm impressed!
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage