Generation Why

Tools    

This is an independent drama/comedy that I'm in.

The film depicts a group of disenfranchised young people fighting through the confusion and uncertainty of the time after high-school. The three leading men decide to remove themselves from all their responsibilities in order to take time to figure out who they are and what they want to do with their lives. What starts as a genuine effort to discover themselves soon becomes an unstoppable wave of apathy that sweeps up an entire generation of young people, crippling the service industry and educational institutions in the city.

We've had several very successful screenings, and the two professional reviews we've had are positive. They can be read here:

http://www.theindependentcritic.com/generation_why/

http://www.roguecinema.com/article1930.html

The official site is here:

http://www.generationwhythefilm.com/...film/news.html

It's also on IMDb and Flixster.

The trailer can be watched on YouTube here:

See the trailer here:

Sounds like it could have been made about any group of young people over the last 3,000 years.

Crippling the service industry? How?

Crippling educational institutions? Who cares?

This is an independent drama/comedy that I'm in.

The film depicts a group of disenfranchised young people fighting through the confusion and uncertainty of the time after high-school. The three leading men decide to remove themselves from all their responsibilities in order to take time to figure out who they are and what they want to do with their lives. What starts as a genuine effort to discover themselves soon becomes an unstoppable wave of apathy that sweeps up an entire generation of young people, crippling the service industry and educational institutions in the city.
Sounds like the folks I went to school with in the '60s.

A system of cells interlinked

Crippling educational institutions? Who cares?
Well, seeing as how education is arguably the most important part of anyone's life, pretty much determining, to a larger extent, whether or not they will have the aptitude to persist in every other endeavor they pursue, I would hope someone would care.

Meanwhile....

Good work, Michael, in completing the difficult task of making a movie. I took part in this activity recently, and it was NOT easy...at all...

Well, seeing as how education is arguably the most important part of anyone's life, pretty much determining, to a larger extent, whether or not they will have the aptitude to persist in every other endeavor they pursue, I would hope someone would care.
Yeah, that basically sums up my sentiments... minus a few obscenities.

Meanwhile....

Good work, Michael, in completing the difficult task of making a movie. I took part in this activity recently, and it was NOT easy...at all...
Thanks a lot man. Anyway I could see your film? Were you an actor? Writer? Director?

A system of cells interlinked
Yeah, that basically sums up my sentiments... minus a few obscenities.

Thanks a lot man. Anyway I could see your film? Were you an actor? Writer? Director?
I played a small part in a film about the Thug-life problem with today's youth. I played some random thug that is sort of hanging out in front of a store. I interact with the main character a bit, say a couple lines, and do a funny handshake and dance with the main character. Exit screen right, and i was done.

I do have a copy of the film - it's pretty bad, and I am still torn about whether or not I should (and for that matter, can, legally) post the flick.

There are two really good actors and one that is really bad. It seems forced for the bad guy. Either way looks decent, I would buy a ticket.
Good to hear. Which guy did you think seemed forced?

I played a small part in a film about the Thug-life problem with today's youth. I played some random thug that is sort of hanging out in front of a store. I interact with the main character a bit, say a couple lines, and do a funny handshake and dance with the main character. Exit screen right, and i was done.

I do have a copy of the film - it's pretty bad, and I am still torn about whether or not I should (and for that matter, can, legally) post the flick.
I'd love to see it!

You ready? You look ready.
Dude, I really dig this project. Seriously...it speaks to me and where I am in life currently.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Dude, I really dig this project. Seriously...it speaks to me and where I am in life currently.
I'm glad to hear that man. If you'd like to get your hands on a copy or something, PM me and I'll see what I can do.