After Life (Netflix, Ricky Gervais series)

Tools    

I absolutely loved this! I'm a big fan of Ricky's anyway, but having lost my Mum last month I thought I'd give this a go. I wouldn't say it's his best work, but it was really touching in places. A great cast (couple of GoT actors you might recognise), only 6 episodes too so it's not a big commitment. GIVE IT A GO PEOPLE!!!!

Really liked it. Moving and funny - but the last episode was rushed and too convenient. Good overall though.
Probably because personal growth is less funny than rock bottom

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I started this series because of the thread, so thanks!

I have to agree with ScarletLion though on the last episode. For me it wasn't that humor was lacking, it was that in context of pacing for the previous several episodes, this one felt like a very quick about-face turn. I could totally relate to his attitude from EP1 but could not relate at all to the sudden change in mood in the final EP. For me, it felt like maybe there were plans for a few more episodes but had to take a shortcut to end it where it does. I have no idea, I can only speculate that by how much time was spent setting his moods and the contexts for them to only spend one episode undoing all that. Had he made the funeral and had some spiritual moment of sorts during it, I might could have accepted that but it's hard to know for sure.

Great subtle little series. Last episode didn't hold to the standard the season set up. I enjoyed the watch though and would like similar shows if anyone has recommendations. From this I immediately watched his stand up special on Netflix---for the second time.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Finished..last three episodes I thought set a more serious tone with less lol’s - this wasn’t a bad thing. I like how Gervais sees the world, it’s refreshing to see the way he acts, adapts and approaches certain things.

There’s wisdom and subtle digs at society, religion, etc all wrapped up in a watchable and mostly pleasant package. I don’t think it tried too hard to pull on the heart strings or to force ideals - everything seemed pretty laid back. You could take what you wanted from it.

I had watched maybe a couple of episodes when it came out. (Big fan of Gervais.) Thought it was very average. Did not continue.

Just finished Season 2. Cried throught out the whole thing... Gervais is a freaking genius!

Agreed, welled up a bit for the first 5 episodes, 6 cracked me lol.

I’ll probably give this show a go soon... looks interesting enough.

A little teaser thingy popped up on my Netflix and I did like the feel of it. So let’s see.

Saw the first season yesterday.

Will see the second season today...

... and the third tomorrow.

A take on the greatest question there is:
What the hell are we doing here.

Ricky is smart, the series ain't bad.