The Movie Trivia Schmoedown

Tools    

this is a thread for all you quizzers/brainiacs of Mo-Fo!

for those of you unfamiliar with it, this is the Movie Trivia Schmoedown. Started by 2 friends around 4/5 years ago, this has almost turned into a sport for me. I'll admit that I used to skip all the promo's at the beginning and the interviews at the end because I was only interested in the quiz part, but then I just let it play in the background while I was doing something else until the questions started and something made me really chuckle (I can't remember what though) and now I watch it from beginning to end.

as an example here is a one-off special dedicated to the Jurassic Park franchise:

this isn't the usual format as it's an "Ironman match", No it's not all about Tony Stark, it's just question after question after question

the usual format is as such:

non-title matches consist of 3 rounds. Round 1 is quick fire, same 8 questions for both contestants/teams, 15 seconds to write your answer on the whiteboard, 1 point for each correct answer. Round 2 is the wheel round (or wheel of death) contestants spin the wheel to choose their category (which varies each episode), they get another spin if they don't like the 1st option (unless they land on opponents choice) but must take whatever it lands on the 2nd time, questions are worth 2 points initially but there's an option to have multiple choice if they're not confident, multiple choice is worth 1 point per question. In round 3 contestants choose 3 numbers from say 1 to 20, each number relates to a different category, 1st number will be a 2 point question for said category, 2nd number a 3 point question and 3rd number a 5 point question

Title matches have 2 extra rounds inbetween the wheel round and the numbers round. The Jeopardy round, the wheel is spun to select the category, contestants can bet 0-3 points (which isn't revealed until they answer) and then the question is asked, correct answer gives you the points you gambled, wrong answers take the points away. The buzzer round is exactly as it sounds, first to buzz in has 2 missisippi's to answer, 1 point for a correct answer, 1 point taken away for a wrong answer.

There are different titles too:
Singles title (general movie knowledge)
Tag team titles (but they play at the same time, so no tagging)
Star Wars title (crazy how much some people know about it)
Inner Geekdom title (focussing on Harry Potter, Star Wars, Marvel films, the MCU, DC films, the DCEU, Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, Comicbook movies..... maybe more but I can't remember at the moment)

I'll be posting here with new episodes, thoughts and opinions. Maybe with time-stamps if people wanna skip to the questions? I dunno, just thought I'd share anyways

this is the "Royal Rumble" of the Schmoedown, the Free4all, 5 competitors per round, 5 questions per round, person or persons with the lowest score after the 5 questions is eliminated and new competitors take their place (so 4 people could be eliminated possibly, it's happened)

(part1)

intros: 37.25
round 1: 42.20

(part 2)

1st round of questions: 9.10