What Film characters are your idea of a real man or woman

Tools    

...Now for the females these are the tipe of women i would want to go steady with, maybe i have a refined taste but you'll never find more classy broads, who embrace their natural gift of motherhood or who are just strong women in general....
Classy broads are the best ha

...Now for the females these are the tipe of women i would want to go steady with, maybe i have a refined taste but you'll never find more classy broads, who embrace their natural gift of motherhood or who are just strong women in general....
Classy broads are the best ha
I sure do like a classy broad, and the occasional Back alley Sally

Welcome to the human race...
Really working hard to earn the "unappreciated" part of that user title, huh?

I really love Samantha (Jessica Chastain) in Take Shelter. So that's my answer for woman.

Really working hard to earn the "unappreciated" part of that user title, huh?
my slogan must of triggerd you Lol, and i don't see how but OK..... Enyway this is a civil forum so lets keep it that way alright

Ellen Ripley for her bravery, Marge Gundersson for her perseverance, Mildred Hayes for her determination. All well known female attributes

The Dude for his endless comedy value, Andy Dufresne for his patience, Cool Hand Luke for his refusal to have his spirit broken while looking as sexy as hell, George Bailey for his acceptance of change. All attributes of proper men.

I think your referring to Bruce jenna

No, unfortunately I am not. Just asking who Omar Thurman is?

The Dude for his endless comedy value, Andy Dufresne for his patience, Cool Hand Like for his refusal to have his spirit broken while looking as sexy as hell, George Bailey for his acceptance of change. All attributes of proper men.
Cool hand luck is my favourite.

Is that Ramirez for his wonderful ability to adapt to accents? Sean Connery for seeing no need to change anything about himself .
Yes! Yes! He did adapt to accents, like the rest of the Immortals, having traveled the world over and, and...oh, never mind! Great movie, though.

Harrison Ford has always seemed like someone who' s a great guy, and whose company I'd very much enjoy. Strong, capable, yet with a sense of humor, intelligent and basically decent.
Good bone structure too ( lol)

Probably like him best as Quinn in 6 Days 7 Njghts, Dutch in Random Hearts, and certainly (sigh) John Book in Witness. Along with almost any other role, except the eccentric madman in Mosquito Coast and the second half of What Lies Beneath, when he seemed to unfortunately be revealed as a homicidal sociopath. Which was a shame because he was FINE up til then

Btw it's possible I may have mentioned my esteem for Harrison once or twice, or in multiples of dozens, before.

Atticus Finch (Gregory Peck) - an ideal vision of all a man should be. They never showed his romantic side, but could he have been anything else than loving?

I can't say which role exactly, maybe Serpico , but Al Pacino seems like guy of substance to me.

Never was interested in him when I was younger, but in recent years when watching reruns of the Sound of Music , the upright upstanding Captain (Christopher Plummer) sure knew how to dance.

And I can't follow spy movies with a gps, but Daniel Craig in a bathing suit is all I need to know.

Real women? I wouldn't mind being someone like Audrey Hepburn in Charade , Kristin Scott-Thomas in Random Hearts or even Darkest Hour, and the spunky Sally Field in
Murphy's Romance.

I can't say which role exactly, maybe Serpico , but Al Pacino seems like guy of substance to me.
He's certainly a guy of substance [abuse ] in Heat .

Never was interested in him when I was younger, but in recent years when watching reruns of the Sound of Music , the upright upstanding Captain (Christopher Plummer) sure knew how to dance.
He did that as research because he wanted to play Cyrano de Bergerac on stage.

Kristin Scott-Thomas in Random Hearts
One of my cinematic crushes – top 3 . I haven't seen Random Hearts as much as her other films around that time.

I thought it was just and excuse to justify who we're hot for.
I missed this and yeah, I love excuses .

This is an unintentionally deep and important question, since our ideas of ideal masculinity or femininity are both the basis for and influenced by fictional characters, in a repeating cycle.

John Wayne, I guess? In an archetypal way that's a useful exaggeration of the fundamental nature of being a man.
It's interesting you say "John Wayne" because for me it's usually the case that the actor forms the greater percentage of my attraction to a character.

Being aware of that changes the nature of the question. For example in Married to the Mob am I attracted to Angela or am I attracted to Michelle Pfeiffer playing Angela? I'd say the latter.

The question is too general to give a defining answer. To think about something like this it may be necessary to combine the qualities of several characters from film.

But if you took the soul of Gena Rowlands and put it on the body of Kelly Preston, it'd be an abomination.

If you took the face of Tom Selleck and combined some of his qualities with Rutger Hauer.

I can't do it.
It's sick!

I think it's up to the individual to set the standards and secretly hold some of them close as to what the ideal woman or man is.

I've never seen a film where I'm thinking "oh, this is the ideal woman", or, this is the ideal man."

This is indeed a deep psychological question as @Yoda has stated. It can very well be a set of prints back to childhood, and whether or not an absence, suffocation, or dismissive, stern, abusive, loving or playful mother or father figure has any impact on your own imagination of a male or female benchmark.

Or, it might not even be related to parents. It could be a rogue awakening - where you instinctually recognize a fabric of integrity, assertiveness, naivete, allure or commonality in a soul.

Harrison Ford
Anne Carlisle