Movies with Sad endings

Tools    

"Goodbye Girl" comes to mind. I still can't make it to the end after seeing it the first time. Another one that tears me up is "The Notebook" due to the build up of their love and their passing on together. Honestly, there is quite a few movies I have a hard time with when it comes to the final reel, and as life events occur that mirror events in some films I've seen the list is getting longer and longer.

Official Member: National Association of Film Critics 🎞️

IMDb Sponsored & Affiliated Film Critic.
🎥

"Goodbye Girl" comes to mind. I still can't make it to the end after seeing it the first time. Another one that tears me up is "The Notebook" due to the build up of their love and their passing on together. Honestly, there is quite a few movies I have a hard time with when it comes to the final reel, and as life events occur that mirror events in some films I've seen the list is getting longer and longer.
I love the classical score to The Notebook and it's definitely there chemistry that plays apart in the emotional ending I enjoyed the film though haven't seen it in a long time

"Grave of the Fireflies" is heartbreaking, and a recent watch, "Hachi: A Dog's Tale" is another good mention.

one amazing sad ending.