The Videogames Tab

Tools    

there's a frog in my snake oil
You can carry gear and it doesn't affect your weight at all unless equipped. I haven't played since the weekend...must play soon!
Wat?! Really? Weird, I thought I was getting reductions when I removed extraneous kit. Maybe it was just the spare weapons I removed from the hotbar. Must have a play. In many senses

The People's Republic of Clogher
Yeah, the encumbrance mechanic is a bit weird. I'd prefer something more traditional, to be honest, if only for immersion's sake.

Bought Injustice Colon Gods Among Us yesterday and haven't had a chance to play it yet. Had my eye on it for a while and a 75% discount for a AAA title (the Ultimate Edition, no less ) barely 6 months old? Get in!

Love PC gaming.

Yeah, the encumbrance mechanic is a bit weird. I'd prefer something more traditional, to be honest, if only for immersion's sake.
We possess an unearthly bag imbued with interdimensional properties Tatty, that's all . Imagine it's spun from the invisible scrotum of a giant if that helps? (Actually don't imagine that )

A system of cells interlinked
Yuck!

Having to cork around in the fire box all the time shuffling items gets to be a bit tedious, so i just carry everything!

Apologies

Yeah on a pragmatic front I'm cool with that - the firebox is a pain. Sounds a bit of an immersion-killer, but guess I'll take every advantage I can get

In the Beginning...
I started Dark Souls last night, though I really only had time for the brief introduction section. But I only saw the dreaded "YOU DIED" screen twice before I put the fat demon thing to rest, so I'm on the up-and-up!

(I have no idea what sort of frustration and agony awaits me, do I?)

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
I started Dark Souls last night, though I really only had time for the brief introduction section. But I only saw the dreaded "YOU DIED" screen twice before I put the fat demon thing to rest, so I'm on the up-and-up!

(I have no idea what sort of frustration and agony awaits me, do I?)
That intro was pretty much your tutorial. Good luck with everything else *evil laughter* XD

Gave me new free 360 Dark Souls a whirl last night too. Got as far as obtaining the Drake Sword before realising that I may as well be playing it on PC. Man, that port's clunky compared to DS2's but DSFix sorts a lot out.

Love the Prepare To Die edition which comes on PC, too.

The key also redeems on Steam so no need to even install it from the disc.

Killjoy!

My reasoning behind the Drake Sword is this - It's a risky strategy but I'm returning to the game after a hiatus so am planning to cheese through early game as fast as possible and the Drake Sword will help me out. That's the plan anyway.

Once I get into the groove with my character I'll start upgrading more suitable weapons.

Yeah, i used the drake on my first play, but I regretted at once I got to Anor Londo.

"Oh, well since this is outmoded, I will just head back to the smith...wait a second...AHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

*Realizes he has to go back down through Sen's Fortress*

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
Just got Spec Ops: The Line and reached that one...horrific...moment in the game. I have never been so angry or guilt-ridden in my entire gaming life!!!!!!!! I can't even begin to explain how sick I feel right now after I forced myself to do it in order to see more of the plot. Screw you, game devs, for making me feel like a monster!!!

Ah yes, I'd forgotten about the lack of fast travel at that stage. DS2 (and Demon's Souls, to an extent) is a lot easier in that respect.

What do you think about the Project Beast rumours? A PS4 exclusive saddens me because, with every passing day, I see less and less value in a new console.

Going back to PS exclusive seems like a bad mover for From Software.

RE: Sen's Fortress - One of the most dastardly, interesting, intricate and well executed game levels of all time. The actual level design is ingenious, and the placement of the level is perfect. You FINALLY reach a major milestone in DS, feeling like you have made some progress in unlocking some lore and at this point in the game, you finally feel like you have gained a little ground on the world itself, mastering the first complex of levels, making travel a bit easier and you sort of sit back and say "Hey, this overwhelming world is finally starting to make sense!"

The bells have been rung, the smith is now available, and that damn door you have been staring at is finally open! With no exaggeration, as SOON as you step into the place, you are wishing that door never opened. I remember trying to make progress for about half and hour and exclaiming "This place is impossible!! What total psycho designed this???"

Each hurdle you get to seem insuperable when you first reach it...but then you make it a bit farther...and a bit farther... then you finally get outside again and...

"OK...where's the fire...."

I just sat there, frozen in a safe corner, afraid to move even one step more!

From what I can glean, it looks like a Sony/From co-production, as Demon's Souls was, and the reason that it only appeared on PS3.

Dark Souls was 100% From and thus multi-platform. Oh well.

I can't wait to hear Sleezy's comments on the way Undead Burg/Parish complex etc. all fits together...
I'm jealous of that! I just saw the Burning Towers vista from a new angle last night (the drawbridge) and realised what people meant about DS2 not having that level of genius in its interweaved levels. Awwkwarrrd.

What do you think about the Project Beast rumours? A PS4 exclusive saddens me because, with every passing day, I see less and less value in a new console.
Oo, shotguns? Bruce Campbell better be getting a voice gig

Now that I've ascended to the master race that *EDIT* pains me less, but what with PS4 being the 'budget' gaming option seems kinda inevitable they'll carve out some exclusives. (The Xbone decision to lock-in kinect without any gaming incentive looks even more idiotic now than it did at the time :S)

I read somewhere that Kinect takes 30% of the Xbone's power, which goes some ways to explaining why it's so weedy compared to even the PS4. Microsoft's decision to effectively abandon Kinect so soon points to the console totally tanking sales-wise in relation to the Playstation.

Now, will MS be able to patch a Kinect-less Xbone to make use of that 30%? If they do, will Kinect owners have to unplug their nosey peripheral for future graphically intensive games?

As it sits, the thing looks as powerful (and as modern) as one of those £399 'gaming' PCs you see on eBay. Ones with AMD 7400 series GPUs...