Random Acts Of Kindness Towards Sick/Injured Animals.

Tools    

Caught another feral feline. Off to get his shots and get fixed. Back to my yard if not adoptable. The last one they found a nice home for her.

@cricket, kudos for caring.

Someone bought him a toy, too. (lol) And a nice fluffy blanket to sleep on.Poor little dear has a sweet face. Will he be allowed out of the cage soon?

Oh, right, you have dogs. Well, then, maybe you can give him run of a spare room til such time as he's adopted.

Now the son of a bitch has somehow found its way into my house to recover
He thinks he’s died & gone to heaven.

He's ready to be out of the cage Friday. My wife wants to keep him but I would rather find someone to adopt him. He's getting catnip for the first time tonight.

Poor baby. Can’t imagine how awful it must be to be an unwanted & unloved kitty.
I can't imagine how it would be to be a wanted and loved kitty either. Don't fret though, his time is near.

That's incredible.

Glad to see another pic of this fine looking cat. That looks like a nice little haven for him, He seems to be quite happy there. In fact, it looks like he's getting adjusted to being inside, and is becoming happy and content to be in the house.

Has anyone given this beguiling little creature a name yet? You know, it's nice for a cat to have a name. And just in case no one wants to adopt him and then maybe your wife would be able to keep him, it would be better if he had a name.

I myself have thought of naming him Pinto because of his attractive black and white markings. But any name you can come up with ( other than 'the s.o.b. who's made his way into my house' lol ) - would be fine.

Glad to see another pic of this fine looking cat. That looks like a nice little haven for him, He seems to be quite happy there. In fact, it looks like he's getting adjusted to being inside, and is becoming happy and content to be in the house.

Has anyone given this beguiling little creature a name yet? You know, it's nice for a cat to have a name. And just in case no one wants to adopt him and then maybe your wife would be able to keep him, it would be better if he had a name.

I myself have thought of naming him Pinto because of his attractive black and white markings. But any name you can come up with ( other than 'the s.o.b. who's made his way into my house' lol ) - would be fine.
It seems like trapping ferals has become a habit so we always give names as soon as we start feeding one. My wife, with astonishing originality, named this one Tom Tom. He's coming along so in another 4-6 weeks we think he'll be adoptable.

That's. a nice (and generous) habit @cricket. Cute name. I like it just fine. Let us know how he 's coming along, whenever you'd like to.

He looks like a purrer. Some cats don't really purr a lot, but I prefer a cat who does. I think it may not be long til he treats you and/or your gentle hearted wife to a nice long ppuuurrrrrrrrrrr.

It seems like trapping ferals has become a habit so we always give names as soon as we start feeding one.
I doubt that this fully-grown male cat is feral. If he were, he would be desperate to get outside again, spraying everywhere, generally being a pain. He looks extremely content & calm so perhaps only a stray?

I doubt that this fully-grown male cat is feral. If he were, he would be desperate to get outside again, spraying everywhere, generally being a pain. He looks extremely content & calm so perhaps only a stray?
The woman from animal services or whatever said he was definitely feral but yes a little bit calm. I have been feeding him for about six months, and the last couple months he had been coming into the garage to eat as I gained his trust. Still, he wouldn't come closer than about 5 feet to me. So anyway I've been working on him for a while.

Aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww. Omg @cricket he's every bit as lovable and adorable as a cat could be. And he's showing that he trusts you by turning his belly to you and stretching. ( and, if I' m not embarrassing you, that's quite a tender side you are showing here too )

It just goes to show how a kind home can change a furry being from scared to happy. And what a lovely voice he has, while having a nice conversation with you. So glad to see Tom thriving.

I bet you'd hate to see him go. I sure will. But glad to see how he's doing now .

Aaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwww. Omg @cricket he's every bit as lovable and adorable as a cat could be. And he's showing that he trusts you by turning his belly to you and stretching. ( and, if I' m not embarrassing you, that's quite a tender side you are showing here too )

It just goes to show how a kind home can change a furry being from scared to happy. And what a lovely voice he has, while having a nice conversation with you. So glad to see Tom thriving.

I bet you'd hate to see him go. I sure will. But glad to see how he's doing now .
I would keep him if it weren't for the dogs. They stand at the top of the stairs blocking his access to the rest of the house. Basement confinement is no life for a cat.

Basement confinement is no life for a cat.
Baring his belly to you so not feral.

Would he be able to go outside from the basement? We’ve had cats in the past who were not allowed anywhere except the basement (for various reasons), but they were all allowed outside also.

Baring his belly to you so not feral.
No he was definitely feral and the people from animal rescue said the same thing. Ferals will vary in degree of calmness but in time can be tamed into domesticated pets. The younger they are, the easier it is. The feral kitten I caught a couple years back took a few weeks. I've been working on this one almost a year now and he was still hissing at me up until a couple of days ago and he still won't go near my wife.

Would he be able to go outside from the basement? We’ve had cats in the past who were not allowed anywhere except the basement (for various reasons), but they were all allowed outside also.
We have a cat door in the garage door so ferals can come in and warm up but not on the basement door. It's going to be too cold outside for him anyway.