Random Acts Of Kindness Towards Sick/Injured Animals.

Tools    

I used to live in Cheshire with my husband, it's all countryside and farms. One day a field mouse ran across our kitchen floor, tiny little thing it was, another time i saw it in my dogs food bowl, so knew it wouldn't be long before my dog got hold of it, we went and bought a Humane Trap (a clear box that once inside a rodent can't get out, doesn't cause injury) and i placed a nice big chunk of cheese inside for mousey to nibble on while trapped, anyway a day later there was mousey inside the box, minus the cheese we released him in a nice big field!

I'm often seen in summer sitting with a spoon and some sugar water feeding a bumble so it can hopefully regain some energy

Some are quite big, complete with hairy legs! Saw one once with an unusual stripe on its back. 😳
I've had far too many close personal encounters with big hairy spiders. I woke up with one beside my face once. You never saw anyone get out of bed so fast in your life.
I once felt something tickling the side of my face while in bed watching TV, i presumed it was my hair until it crawled by my eye, it was a small spider but i shot out of bed! 😳

Mum and i have decided to get a puppy Labrador, she's gonna mind her while i'm at work. Haven't decided on a name yet but i'm thinking of something different and unique.

Mum and i have decided to get a puppy Labrador, she's gonna mind her while i'm at work. Haven't decided on a name yet but i'm thinking of something different and unique.
How about "Labbya" for a name if it's female?

If it'a a male call it "Brad"

Good at naming things so I am

How about "Labbia" for a name?

There's a cinema in Cape Town called The Labia.

You're welcome.

There's a cinema in Cape Town called The Labia.
I can just imagine the mounting excitement waiting for the curtains to draw back

How about "Labbya" for a name if it's female?

If it'a a male call it "Brad"

I've picked a little girl☺ i was thining of calling her Jasmine, mum was thinking of Lulu, so we gotta decide before we pick her up.

I'm often seen in summer sitting with a spoon and some sugar water feeding a bumble so it can hopefully regain some energy
I do that with house flies... Whenever I see a fly in the house that looks like it's dying I put some water/sugar solution on my hand and they seem to eat/drink it and then gain enough energy for me to put them outside and they fly off and die out in nature instead...

I love animals so I'll always help an animal if I can. Even little house flies.

As for spiders, I pick them up if they are in a place where they might get killed by humans or on my bedroom ceiling when I'm off to bed(I don't like the thought of them possibly dropping on me) and move them into another room. We apparently don't have any deadly ones here in the UK but we do have ones that have quite a nasty bite and probably find them more down south of the country.

I've picked a little girl☺ i was thining of calling her Jasmine, mum was thinking of Lulu, so we gotta decide before we pick her up.
Lumine it is then
(glad to have been able to help)

I thought it would be nice to share stories of helping animals that you came across in need of help, maybe while out walking or a neighbours pet.

I've helped a few animals while i've been out and about, one being a hedgehog that had its head wedged inside an ice cream box, it was walking on a grass verge and about to step into the road, i jumped off my bike and with one tug pulled off the ice- cream box, it came away and the hedgehog had ice-cream over his face. Also being a Medical Professional i am often asked by elderly neighbours to have a look at their cat or dog, i will share these stories a bit futher on.
That's great. My favourite was a clip from a few years ago in Australia. Obviously during sweltering temperatures someone had laid out a basin full of water for a koala to sit in to cool off. I think he was adding water or even giving the koala a drink and saying "There you go mate" .

I just got a new German shepherd bitch. Her name is Dixie. We already have a male called Jack but he is really getting really old now. He's the sweetest dog on the face of the earth. It'm not sure about her yet.

BTW, that picture of the weird carcass that washed up in Texas is apparently some kind of eel that lives in the deep ocean. Must have been washed ashore by the hurricane. Horrible looking thing....😱

I saved a spider today. It was in my car and so small that it was nearly invisible. I only seen it as it was hanging by a thread from the roof. So I caught the thread up in my hand and walked the spider over to a fence post. There he touched down and continued on his way.

I saved a spider today. It was in my car and so small that it was nearly invisible. I only seen it as it was hanging by a thread from the roof. So I caught the thread up in my hand and walked the spider over to a fence post. There he touched down and continued on his way.
Kind of a similar story: last week I found this huge spider web attached to my back door. (Why do they build webs in the most high-traffic areas?)

Just to open the door I had to destroy the web. So I got a walking stick I had by the door and at first was glad because the ginormous spider in the web hopped right on it. But then he started running up the stick right toward my hand, so I panicked a little and turned the stick around, switching hands, but he reaches the end, loops over it and is now running toward my hand the stick is in again - and he's running like the Flash - it only took him about 2 seconds to run the length of a 5 foot stick. The whole time, I was moving toward a couple small trees and deposited the stick & spider at their base. (Then ran away like a little girl!)

@Dannii - I've changed my mind re the puppy, she should definitely be called "Siffre"

Told you I was good at naming things

Why, whatever do you mean, Sir?