Halloween (the holiday, not the movie) 2020

Tools    

Rumors abound - everything from how to hand out candy in sterilized packages to...
wearing plastic gloves vs. going bare-handed to...
complicated instruction signs posted on front doors for trick-or-treaters to follow to...
how to answer your door to...
what kinds of masks are appropriate for adults & children.

Whatever the case, this year's trick-or-treating (if any) will be different.

What's going on in your neighborhood?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
What's going on in your neighborhood?

I don't know if anyone will be trick-or-treating around here, but Hubby and I have already decided that we're not going to be giving anything out for Halloween this year.

We usually have a basket of toys, (nothing fancy, just little things like small character figures, Happy Meal toys, little dinosaurs, Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars, etc.), and we let the kids pick out a toy, but we don't want to open the door for anyone because of the pandemic, so we've decided to just skip Halloween this year.

Should trick-or-treaters wear a mask over their mask or wear a mask under their mask?

Should the standard costume be "Dr." or "Surgeon" (that way they'll already have their mask on)?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Should trick-or-treaters wear a mask over their mask or wear a mask under their mask?

Should the standard costume be "Dr." or "Surgeon" (that way they'll already have their mask on)?
I know that you guys are just joking around about the different costumes and masks, but the problem isn't just the kids. Around here, we get a lot of very young kids trick-or-treating, and their parents are usually standing right behind them. While most of the kids will probably be wearing masks because of their costumes, unfortunately, there's no guarantee that the parents will be wearing masks.

Maybe Halloween should be postponed this year until some time next year, like in the summer when (hopefully) the pandemic will be over, or at least there might be a vaccine.