Most Overplayed Movie On Cable TV?

Tools    

I was shown The Polar Express in school just about every single year (sometimes more than once, in fact). It's a fine film and all, but gosh, that sure got tiring.

The first movie that popped into my head when I saw the tile of this thread was 50 First Dates...there was a time when USA network used to show it about three times a week.

When the small Northern Colorado town I lived in first got cable way back in the day it was all An Officer and a Gentleman all the time. Morning, noon and night.

I used to joke that Bad Boys (the 1995 movie with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence) or one of its sequels was always on because I would see it listed almost everyday at some point, in some slot on the guide.

The irony of this is I was always looking for Bad Boys (the 1983 film with Sean Penn) which never (or rarely) seemed to be shown on TV.

I was shown The Polar Express in school just about every single year (sometimes more than once, in fact). It's a fine film and all, but gosh, that sure got tiring.
This isn'r really relevant to the topic, but your post reminded me--it went largely unnoticed in the midst of the pandemic (and maybe wouldn't have been noticed anyway) but Steve Bing, who produced Polar Express along with a few other films but was probably more well known for being the father of Liz Hurley's son, died by suicide over the summer. I noticed it because I was friendly with one of his relatives back in the 2000s, and it was a pretty grim reminder that "celebrity" tragedies leave real people with real sadness behind them.

I'm sure Road House has played quite a few times on CMT

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The first movie that popped into my head when I saw the tile of this thread was 50 First Dates...there was a time when USA network used to show it about three times a week.
I remember back in the day USA was notorious for always showing the same stuff over and over. I can understand a great movie being on during prime time, and then maybe later on for those who have different hours.

TBS and TNT (not as bad) were like this, too. The only channel I watch is TCM - I don't want to FF through commercials, unless the movie is so rare and enticing. If I'm not scrolling to record future TCM showings, I put automatic recordings on certain directors and actors.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Recently. it's been An Affair to Remember and Sleepless in Seattle. I've seen both of these movies at least 5 or 6 times in the last few weeks on FXM and Starz respectively.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Do any of you notice certain movies being played because of a current event, besides the death of an actor or director, where it's common to play all their things.

Example. If we were in a new war, and we suddenly see "Full Metal Jacket" over and over.. OR, a pro-war movie if the public is behind it.

For me, Shawshank is the greatest movie ever made in history. Its life lessons are pure gold. But that is just me.

There was a period around 2014 or 2015, The Help was played on Showtime almost everyday. I didn't mind it, coz i liked the film. Just let it play while I did my household chores.

This isn'r really relevant to the topic, but your post reminded me--it went largely unnoticed in the midst of the pandemic (and maybe wouldn't have been noticed anyway) but Steve Bing, who produced Polar Express along with a few other films but was probably more well known for being the father of Liz Hurley's son, died by suicide over the summer. I noticed it because I was friendly with one of his relatives back in the 2000s, and it was a pretty grim reminder that "celebrity" tragedies leave real people with real sadness behind them.

This isn't relevant to the main topic or your topic, but I love your Cerebus icon. I am a big fan of that comic.

Back on topic: Christmas Story. Man, I hate that movie.

Masters of the Universe (1987)

I'm not sure about now as I don't have cable or satellite, but this was my first experience with the overplayed movie and I'll never forget it. I'd been so excited about watching cable and this was it...for an entire weekend.

Masters of the Universe (1987)

I'm not sure about now as I don't have cable or satellite, but this was my first experience with the overplayed movie and I'll never forget it. I'd been so excited about watching cable and this was it...for an entire weekend.
Bizarre - I just watched the last 3/4 of that this afternoon!!!