2020 World Series

Tools    

The trick is not minding
Finally, after one heck of a offseason (Astros cheating Scandal, Covid postpones season) a crazy, shortened regular season, and an even crazier Playoffs....we have finally come to the World Series. A series we weren’t even sure would happen months ago.
The Dodgers Vs Rays.
Who do you have? Will The Dodgers shake free from the disappointments of their last two Series appearances Losses (one forever tainted due to the previously mentioned cheating Scandal) and finally deliver on the grand stage? Or will Tampa Bay pull a Miami Marlins upset (1997 or 2003. Pick one. They’re both applicable) and Join the Lightning as Champions in a city that has been starved for them?

I’m going with Dodgers in 6. Both there is something nagging at me about the Rays and their pitching staff.
Either way...we deserve this.
Sit back. Enjoy the ride. And rub it in Houston’s face.

Really don't care who wins but if Tampa does win I bet Zunino is a big part of it. Just another Mariner castaway doing nice things for another organization. Sigh...

Disappointed to see Atlanta couldn't finish the Dodgers off, so now they have a ton of momentum going into the series. Tampa Bay almost choked themselves, so I think they have to win Game 1 to have a shot in the series.

Dodgers win on paper, but they have been here with superior teams before....

Really don't care who wins but if Tampa does win I bet Zunino is a big part of it. Just another Mariner castaway doing nice things for another organization. Sigh...
Got the same thing going on over here with both Glasnow and Morton and the Pirates.

Anyway, I like both teams for different reasons so I'm just rooting for a fun, good series, that one team wins rather than loses. Mostly pulling for Kershaw, though.

The trick is not minding
Disappointed to see Atlanta couldn't finish the Dodgers off, so now they have a ton of momentum going into the series. Tampa Bay almost choked themselves, so I think they have to win Game 1 to have a shot in the series.

Dodgers win on paper, but they have been here with superior teams before....
Hopefully Atlanta can learn from it and go into next year even more determined. They’ll be a favorite to make the World Series.

The trick is not minding
Glasnow vs Kershaw for game 1.
Rooting for Kershaw, because he’s had it kind of rough lately with his back and all. Plus he wants to put his last few World Series starts behind him, I’m sure.

1 game apiece...I think game 3 goes to LA

That's the second time I've heard someone predict the Dodgers winning in 6, I dont like it, but feel it likely I'd love to be all Rah! Rah! Go Ray's, blah blah, but feel like we simply dont have the depth necessary. The Dodgers pitching is way stronger than the Yankees, and Houstons without Verlander, and their power isn't streaky like ours. If we win it will be an upset, and imo a big one. God I hope we win, and if we do will feel happily shocked.

The trick is not minding
That's the second time I've heard someone predict the Dodgers winning in 6, I dont like it, but feel it likely I'd love to be all Rah! Rah! Go Ray's, blah blah, but feel like we simply dont have the depth necessary. The Dodgers pitching is way stronger than the Yankees, and Houstons without Verlander, and their power isn't streaky like ours. If we win it will be an upset, and imo a big one. God I hope we win, and if we do will feel happily shocked.
I wouldn’t mind a Rays win as well. If it wasn’t against the Dodgers, who I feel deserve one as well, I’d be rooting for The Rays.

They're an historically good team, so even losing in six would be pretty solid, for anyone, let alone this overachieving (which I mean in a very nice way!) Rays team.

The real bummer is, if the Dodgers do win, they won't get the credit they should since it was a weird season. Even though they'll get as much credit as any team could this year, since it feels more legitimate when one of the clear favorites wins in the "weird" year than it would if someone really unexpected does.

The trick is not minding
They're an historically good team, so even losing in six would be pretty solid, for anyone, let alone this overachieving (which I mean in a very nice way!) Rays team.

The real bummer is, if the Dodgers do win, they won't get the credit they should since it was a weird season. Even though they'll get as much credit as any team could this year, since it feels more legitimate when one of the clear favorites wins in the "weird" year than it would if someone really unexpected does.
Eh, I don’t know about that. Maybe if it was a surprise team, like Milwaukee, Cincy or Miami, but the Dodgers have been a perennial favorite for years now that it wasn’t a question of “if” they would win, but “when”. I don’t think the shortened season will, or should, diminish that.

I missed it and it sounds like it was the best game so far. The Dodgers are gonna be dial-in bigtime to win game 5, buleeve dat'!

I dont know if Arozarena is streaking or is the next big thing. Curious where he will place in next years draft.

Ok, now we have a series.....Dodgers gonna choke again or are the Rays going to run out of steam....