The Manchurian Candidate
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
Hatari!
Le Doulos
Eve
Dr. No
Cape Fear
Sanjuro

A good mix of films there, the one's on your list not on mine I haven't seen. Lots that I want to get to especially Birdman of Alcatraz, I didn't realise that Frankenheimer did that and The Manchurian Candidate back to back.

Vivre Sa Vie and Cleo from 5 to 7 would make a really cool French New Wave Feminist double bill.

Harakiri is easily at the top for me.

After that...

2. To Kill a Mockingbird
3. The Manchurian Candidate
4. Lawrence of Arabia
5. The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
6. Experiment in Terror
7. Lolita
8. La Jetee
9. The Day of the Triffids
10. Dr. No

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
The Manchurian Candidate
Lawrence of Arabia
The Longest Day
The Miracle Worker
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Birdman of Alcatraz
Billy Budd
Freud
The Music Man
Lonely Are the Brave
Electra
The Exterminating Angel
The Tale of Zatoichi
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?
The Suitor
Il Sorpasso
Days of Wine and Roses
Requiem for a Heavyweight
Pressure Point
Black Fox: The True Story of Adolf Hitler
Long Day's Journey Into Night
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
Lolita
David and Lisa
The Counterfeit Traitor
Cartouche
The Fabulous Baron Munchausen
Advise & Consent
By the Dike Sluice
The Cybernetic Grandma
The L-Shaped Room
Dr. No
The War Lover
Two for the Seesaw
That Touch of Mink
Sweet Bird of Youth
Sanjuro
Ride the High Country
Reach for Glory
The Four Days of Naples
Nine Days of One Year
Premature Burial
The Pigeon That Took Rome
Period of Adjustment
The Password Is Courage
The Given Word
Only Two Can Play
The Third Lover
Mutiny on the Bounty
A Kind of Loving
Jack the Giant Killer
Ivan's Childhood
How the West Was Won
The Horizontal Lieutenant
Happy Anniversary
Harakiri
Gypsy
Gigot
Damn the Defiant!
Carnival of Souls
The Elusive Corporal
Boccaccio '70
Almost Angels
The Boys

Victim of The Night
The Music Man
Carnival Of Souls
Dr. No
Night Creatures
To Kill A Mockingbird

Well most of these are fairly well known, but it's what I like and more importantly what I've seen.

Carnival of Souls (1962)
Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
The Brain That Wouldn't Die (1962)
What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? (1962)
The Music Man (1962)
Mutiny on the Bounty (1962)
Lonely Are the Brave (1962)
Panic in Year Zero (1962)

Victim of The Night
Well most of these are fairly well known, but it's what I like and more importantly what I've seen.
The Brain That Wouldn't Die (1962)
Cheers. I thought about including that one, I thought it was good fun and sufficiently weird, not sure why I decided to cut it.

Cheers. I thought about including that one, I thought it was good fun and sufficiently weird, not sure why I decided to cut it.
I don't know why I love it so, I guess it's the weird way it embraces the agony the bodyless brain feels. It just has this certain vibe that transcends any drive-in theater b movie cheese roots that it might have. And points for a 1962 film that has the mad scientist as a sexual predator stalking strippers for the perfect 'body'. Kinda wild for back then. But mostly my enthusiasm is for Virgina Leith who hated the role, but I loved her in it. Then again one of my fav films is Toward the Unknown (1956), about the only big budget movie where she got to shine.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes that film

I forgot about that one. That would probably make it pretty high for me.
Glad to see a couple fans of musicals, usually people hate musicals. I nominated The Music Man in the 20th Hall of Fame (HoF) and it got slaughtered! If anyone is interested here's a link 20th Hall of Fame and the reviews of the members are linked on the 1st post. You guys should consider joining the next Hall of Fame.

Glad to see a couple fans of musicals, usually people hate musicals. I nominated The Music Man in the 20th Hall of Fame (HoF) and it got slaughtered! If anyone is interested here's a link 20th Hall of Fame and the reviews of the members are linked on the 1st post. You guys should consider joining the next Hall of Fame.
Musicals are a lot of fun. Did you watch The Young Girls of Rochefort? It's a contender for my 10 favorite first time watches of this year.

I think you mentioned the Hall of Fame threads to me in the past, and I'm thinking of joining the next one. Apparently, the current one will end around late November. They look like a lot of fun.

Musicals are a lot of fun. Did you watch The Young Girls of Rochefort? It's a contender for my 10 favorite first time watches of this year.

I think you mentioned the Hall of Fame threads to me in the past, and I'm thinking of joining the next one. Apparently, the current one will end around late November. They look like a lot of fun.
I love Hofs! We do both a general HoF where any film can be nominated as long as it hasn't already won an HoF...and then we do specialty/genre HoFs, the last one we did was a Fantasy movie based.

I did see The Young Girls of Rochefort (enjoyed it too!) it was another nomination in a Musical Hall of Fame that I hosted a few years ago, that one was a blast! So many cool musicals, West Side Story received the most points as was the inductee into MoFo's Hall of Fame, here's a link to our HoF archives We've been doing them for a long time and we love to get new members to join, the more the merrier!

I love Hofs! We do both a general HoF where any film can be nominated as long as it hasn't already won an HoF...and then we do specialty/genre HoFs, the last one we did was a Fantasy movie based.

I did see The Young Girls of Rochefort (enjoyed it too!) it was another nomination in a Musical Hall of Fame that I hosted a few years ago, that one was a blast! So many cool musicals, West Side Story received the most points as was the inductee into MoFo's Hall of Fame, here's a link to our HoF archives We've been doing them for a long time and we love to get new members to join, the more the merrier!

Sounds fun! I'll try to join the next one here.

Victim of The Night
I don't know why I love it so, I guess it's the weird way it embraces the agony the bodyless brain feels. It just has this certain vibe that transcends any drive-in theater b movie cheese roots that it might have. And points for a 1962 film that has the mad scientist as a sexual predator stalking strippers for the perfect 'body'. Kinda wild for back then. But mostly my enthusiasm is for Virgina Leith who hated the role, but I loved her in it. Then again one of my fav films is Toward the Unknown (1956), about the only big budget movie where she got to shine.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes that film
I agree with you completely. I particularly was surprised by the sexual-predator angle in a '62 film. And I agree Leith was aces. Fun movie.

Victim of The Night
Huge fan of musicals, one of my favorite genres. I'll get high and watch West Side Story or My Fair Lady at the drop of a hat.
But my favorite is The Music Man.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
My Favorite 1962 Movies:
The Music Man
That Touch of Mink
To Kill a Mockingbird
Boys' Night Out
Gay Purr-ee
The Notorious Landlady
Mr. Hobbs Takes a Vacation
If a Man Answers
Days of Wine and Roses
The Manchurian Candidate
Cape Fear
Six Black Horses
Long Day's Journey Into Night
Period of Adjustment
Panic in Year Zero!

Honorable Mention:
Something's Got to Give (Sadly, this movie was never finished, but based on the part that was released, it probably would have been high on my list if it had been completed.)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I forgot about that one. That would probably make it pretty high for me.
It's nice to see some new members who are fans of musicals.

I'm generally not a fan of non-English movies, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed The Young Girls of Rochefort.

Huge fan of musicals, one of my favorite genres. I'll get high and watch West Side Story or My Fair Lady at the drop of a hat.
But my favorite is The Music Man.
Those are three of my favorite musicals, and as much as I love The Music Man, I might put West Side Story slightly above it, but that could change day-to-day based on my mood.