Good fantasy movies

Tools    

So, can you recommend me some great adventurous fantasy/scifi movies?

I love Star Ward, Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, I liked the first 300 movie, etc. Some epic scifi stories are also welcome, such as Planet of the Apes.

I just miss the feeling of putting on a movie, being sucked into a whole new world and follow an epic adventure through it... There are just not very many of those

I have seen Willow, but good choice. Anything like it, though maybe a bit higher in quality, such as Star Wars and LotR?

Some 80s classics...

Dragon Slayer (1981)
The Neverending Story (1984)
The Goonies (1985)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
The Princess Bride (1987)

Some 80s classics...

Dragon Slayer (1981)
The Neverending Story (1984)
The Goonies (1985)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988)
The Princess Bride (1987)
I think Dragon Slayer may be just the kind of thing I'm looking for.

I have seen Willow, but good choice. Anything like it, though maybe a bit higher in quality, such as Star Wars and LotR?

The problem with fantasy like LOTR and Willow, the fantasy world and middle earth style thing, is there's not many with huge production value.
Sure there's newer stuff like John Carter or Maleficent, but they're just green screen CGI-filled movies.

LOTR, Willow, and the others I mentioned above like Princess Bride, at least have that "real location" thing.

Another one to look at is Legend (1985) by Ridley Scott.

This might just do nobody any good.
No mention of Pan’s Labyrinth? Hellboy 2?

Edit: jinx!

If you don't mind puppetry: The Dark Crystal (1982) & Labyrinth (1986) are quite fun imo

I thank you all for some interesting answers. At the moment, I'm getting my hands on Dragonslayer and Stardust as first priority, then I will try the other suggestions. Keep em coming

So, can you recommend me some great adventurous fantasy/scifi movies?

I love Star Ward, Lord of the Rings, the Hobbit, I liked the first 300 movie, etc. Some epic scifi stories are also welcome, such as Planet of the Apes.

I just miss the feeling of putting on a movie, being sucked into a whole new world and follow an epic adventure through it... There are just not very many of those
From my Top 100:

Forbidden Planet (1956)
Dune (1984)
The Time Machine (1960)
Jason and the Argonauts (1963)
Flash Gordon (1980)
The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1973)
Excalibur (1981)
The Fifth Element (1997)
Conan the Barbarian (1982)
The 13th Warrior (1999)
Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977)

…and from the long list:

Krull (1983)
The Chronicles of Riddick (2004)
The Beastmaster (1982)
Hawk the Slayer (1980)
Pitch Black (2000)
Riddick (2013)
Clash of the Titans (1981)
Return to Oz (1985)

…and Immortals (2011) because there are some great visuals .

From my Top 100:

Forbidden Planet (1956)
Dune (1984)
The Time Machine (1960)
Jason and the Argonauts (1963)
Flash Gordon (1980)
The Golden Voyage of Sinbad (1973)
Excalibur (1981)
The Fifth Element (1997)
Conan the Barbarian (1982)
The 13th Warrior (1999)
Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977)

…and from the long list:

Krull (1983)
The Chronicles of Riddick (2004)
The Beastmaster (1982)
Hawk the Slayer (1980)
Pitch Black (2000)
Riddick (2013)
Clash of the Titans (1981)
Return to Oz (1985)

…and Immortals (2011) because there are some great visuals .
That was one interesting mofo of a list! Several there that caught my interest.

A system of cells interlinked
I second Conan the Barbarian!

Make sure it's the 1982 version!

It was the first fairly well-known film to feature Arnold Schwarzenegger. Some classic scenes and quotes in this flick. In my opinion, it is worth a watch before something like Dragonslayer.

I must also add another recommendation for the previously mentioned Excalibur, from 1981. Dark and operatic Arthurian tale about the titular sword and those it affects. Great performance by Nicol Williamson as Merlin, and the score is fantastic.

Keep an eye out for Helen Mirran as Morgana, as well.

I second Conan the Barbarian!

Make sure it's the 1982 version!
I quite enjoyed the new one notwithstanding – Rachel Nichols certainly helped . And a lot more than I did the remake of Clash of the Titans.

I must also add another recommendation for the previously mentioned Excalibur, from 1981. Dark and operatic Arthurian tale about the titular sword and those it affects. Great performance by Nicol Williamson as Merlin, and the score is fantastic.

Keep an eye out for Helen Mirran as Morgana, as well.
I loved the story Liam Neeson told recently about being introduced to her on set along with Ciarán Hinds. It's definitely one of her sexiest roles.

Nicol Williamson's so memorable, and for a lot of people I'm sure would be so unlike the Merlin they'd expect. He's not only my favourite Merlin but my favourite Macbeth too.

did somebody mentioned The Chronicles of Narnia? I also like Warcraft, old Labirinth with David Bowie and of course all Harry Potter movies