Little Shop of Horrors

Tools    

A bucket of anxiety
I'm not sure how the music could be improved upon now from the stage show / 86 movie unless they want to do a RAP version or something (which, for me, would not be an improvement on anything).
Oh, there will be rapping. The 80s version literally has a rapping plant. I'm already feeling the massive punch in the gut from trying to replicate or "improve" that scene

Oh, there will be rapping. The 80s version literally has a rapping plant. I'm already feeling the massive punch in the gut from trying to replicate or "improve" that scene
Mmm... I wouldn't call it rapping (although you are correct that it wasn't exactly singing either).
Audrey II's numbers did resemble rapping, but had a whole different beat and feel. It was more "funk" or "rhythm and blues" or "soul" music - R&B is the style that baritone singer Levi Stubbs (the voice of Audrey II) was classified as in most circles as his group The Four Tops preceded the advent of Rap music by a good couple decades.

It kind of reminds me of James Brown in that he seemed to talk through his songs (and scream or squeal sometimes) more than really sing (which he could also do quite well) yet no one would call him a rapper or his style "Rap".