Songs With Matt

Tools    

Hey matt, very nice compilation you've got going here! I love how most of the songs seem to fit a certain mood when played together or put me in a mellowish mood. Almost like a DJ of early 70's rock stations and how they would string together deep cuts mixed with some hits and it produced a nice continuity somehow. This is making me want to throw my windows open and let the breeze it like I used to when I was a teen at home, listening to deep cuts.

I know Old Siam, Sir. Huge McCartney fan here, and I love a lot of his hits that seemed to have slid under the carpet in later years.

Peace Frog is my absolute favorite Doors song.

Time is my favorite Pink Floyd song. I'm not a huge Floyd fan but every time this sing is on the radio (which is rare), I turn it up. Love the start of it---almost sounds like a spaghetti western theme, and I love the guitar solo---one of the best!

A Day in the Life is of course one of the very best Beatles songs, one that just takes you away.

I had never heard of Terry Reid till now, so thinks for posting that. Very cool and I love the use of flute in the song.

ELO's Can't Get it Out of My Head. Love ELO and this is certainly one the best by them.

Led Zeppelin and Achilles Last Stand. Very nice. One of their most hard-driving songs that still can be heard in a mellow state of mind.

Earth Wind and Fire. That's the Way of the World. One of the best bands ever formed. I saw the movie of the same name as the song back in the early 70's and enjoyed it greatly. Earth Wind and Fire were prominently displayed in the movie, along with...Harvey Keitel!

All these lists in the music forum are inspiring me to start one of my own...as soon as get the time!

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Hey matt, very nice compilation you've got going here! I love how most of the songs seem to fit a certain mood when played together or put me in a mellowish mood. Almost like a DJ of early 70's rock stations and how they would string together deep cuts mixed with some hits and it produced a nice continuity somehow. This is making me want to throw my windows open and let the breeze it like I used to when I was a teen at home, listening to deep cuts.

I know Old Siam, Sir. Huge McCartney fan here, and I love a lot of his hits that seemed to have slid under the carpet in later years.

Peace Frog is my absolute favorite Doors song.

Time is my favorite Pink Floyd song. I'm not a huge Floyd fan but every time this sing is on the radio (which is rare), I turn it up. Love the start of it---almost sounds like a spaghetti western theme, and I love the guitar solo---one of the best!

A Day in the Life is of course one of the very best Beatles songs, one that just takes you away.

I had never heard of Terry Reid till now, so thinks for posting that. Very cool and I love the use of flute in the song.

ELO's Can't Get it Out of My Head. Love ELO and this is certainly one the best by them.

Led Zeppelin and Achilles Last Stand. Very nice. One of their most hard-driving songs that still can be heard in a mellow state of mind.

Earth Wind and Fire. That's the Way of the World. One of the best bands ever formed. I saw the movie of the same name as the song back in the early 70's and enjoyed it greatly. Earth Wind and Fire were prominently displayed in the movie, along with...Harvey Keitel!

All these lists in the music forum are inspiring me to start one of my own...as soon as get the time!
Wow... Thank you! I'd love to use this thread to talk more about music. I hope you like the next songs, I'll try not to put any repeats! I have thousands in my head!

I'd also love to listen to what you put out! I'm always trying to find songs I don't know from the 60's and 70's, but it's so much easier listening to a song you already know. It's like watching movies, but I don't have to exert any attention.

Steely Dan - Time Out Of Mind

One of my favorite bands, but not a song I love, a song I hardly listen to, but as I was flipping, this song described the feeling I had at that moment - I was very happy to see the similar taste in music, and glad you listened as a soundtrack. I'm also not wanting to put the same artist again if I don't have to, but then again, if it feels right I'll go with it. Maybe I'll start a little playlist, since a few people seem to enjoy the music!

Jim Croce - I Got A Name

I'm going to listen to this next. It reminds me of my first trip to San Francisco, though I've been listening to songs when I was in SF a few weeks ago to take me back. I really miss it, and I really miss the apartment I stayed at, from a woman I met in a chat room. Never even saw her face, but I did e-mail her my songs, talked on the phone once or twice, and she mailed me her keys. Had the flat to myself for almost 2 weeks, and became like home. I did more there in a day than I have since I've been back in Flint.

Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky

I first heard this watching Taxi Driver when I was about 18. It takes place during the loneliest moment of the entire movie.

Bee Gees - Nights On Broadway

(my favorite part isn't the verse or chorus... Listen for "I will wait...." - beautiful singing, nice little piano notes, vocal vibrato, trills -- great harmonies of course)

David Bowie - This Is Not America

(I hate electronic beats, etc., but this is an amazing song.. Could have been even better if it was done in the early 70's)