Lost Boys to be adapted into a TV Series

Tools    

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-lost-boys-tv-series/

"The CW has hired Veronica Mars/iZombie creator Rob Thomas to create a television series adaptation of the iconic 1987 Warner Bros horror comedy film The Lost Boys.

Deadline has learned that The
Lost Boys tv series has been envisioned as a seven-season, anthology-style story spanning 70 years, with each season chronicling a decade.

"Season 1 will be set in San Francisco during the Summer of Love, 1967. Each season, the humans, the setting, the antagonist and the story all change — only the vampires, our Lost Boys, who like the Peter Pan characters never grow up, remain the same. The project, which will explore what it really means to be immortal, is executive produced by Thomas via Spondoolie Productions, his frequent collaborators Danielle Stokdyk and Dan Etheridge as well as Gulfstream principals Mike Karz and Bill Bindley." "

The departed and Cruel intentions are also being made into a tv show,i guess thats the new thing
I havent seen Lost boys so i cant say wether im happy or angry about it

Sounds cack.

And, over 7 seasons the actors will age.

I bet they throw in a love story for the vamps and have them all broody like Twilight. Probably make them sparkly as well.

The Lost Boys was perfect as is. Just another case of leave-it-alone syndrome. They already ballsed it up with the unneeded sequels, they should have learned from those.
But nope, they're going to rewrite it all and cock it all up with a TV series instead/as well.

Sounds cack.

And, over 7 seasons the actors will age.

I bet they throw in a love story for the vamps and have them all broody like Twilight. Probably make them sparkly as well.

The Lost Boys was perfect as is. Just another case of leave-it-alone syndrome. They already ballsed it up with the unneeded sequels, they should have learned from those.
But nope, they're going to rewrite it all and cock it all up with a TV series instead/as well.
Normally I would just say wait for a promo and I still pretty much stand by that. But the fact that it'll be on CW makes me think your theory isn't so far-fetched. The network is known for shows geared more toward teenage girls. But we'll see. I'll still wait for that promo.

If they did this as a mini-series... instead of 7 series, they did 7 episodes at 60-90 minutes a piece, film it all in one go... then yeah, I might get behind it.

If they did this as a mini-series... instead of 7 series, they did 7 episodes at 60-90 minutes a piece, film it all in one go... then yeah, I might get behind it.
It sounds like they have a lot planned, so I can't say one way or the other if a shorter version would be better until I actually watch it. But I can just imagine what HBO or even Netflix could've accomplished with this. I read recently that CW is trying to appeal to an older audience, so maybe this will be one of those shows they use to get there.

While I don't think a Lost Boys series needs to exist, I might've been interested in checking this out if it wasn't on the CW. I don't watch any of their shows because they all have the same problem: way too much filler. Their shows tend to spin their wheels killing time because there are 24 episodes to fill, and I find that really boring to watch. I'm also not a fan of unnecessary drama, which seems to be a big part of many CW shows, and planning 7 seasons when you don't know how people will respond to season 1 is a bit cocky in my opinion.

In short: this doesn't really seem like a good idea, and the fact that it's on the CW just makes it worse.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/cw-los...-mac-exclusive

"While there's no lack of interest in the project, The CW's Lost Boys show is having trouble leaving the coffin. Last summer, the network scrapped the initial pilot, dropping most of the cast in the process. Creator Rob Thomas (iZombie) set out to rewrite the script alongside Heather Mitchell (Scandal), with Marcos Siega (The Following) set to direct. Branden Cook (Industry), Lincoln Younes (Grand Hotel), and Ruby Cruz (Castle Rock) all boarded the cast back in February.

Exclusively speaking with SYFY WIRE, musician G Tom Mac confirms that the axed pilot episode was filmed last spring before the reshoot order was handed down. Things were getting back on track this year until the pandemic hit and drove the series into a deep, undead sleep.

"It’s stuck in limbo, even though they agreed to all the new script writing and all of that," Mac tells us. "It’s hard to know; it’s a day-by-day thing for all these shows, when you can go back in [and shoot]. They were starting to go back, it looked like they could go back into production, and [everything shut down]."

He goes on to praise the show's commitment to representation, stating,"cast-wise, it’s more diversified in coordination with the times, as it should be. It’s a little bit more female-driven in its way."

On that front, Mac touches on how the vampire-hunting Frog brothers (originally played by Corey Feldman and Jamison Newlander) have been turned into the Frog sisters. He describes them as "really cool" and having "a very girl power factor going on with them." With that said, he's not sure how change-ups to the source material will register with passionate die-hards of the movie.

"I’m sure it’s gonna be torn down by the hardcore fans; there’s just no way that this show can win," Mac adds. "But it wasn't designed for the hardcore fans. It was basically trying to keep the essence of what the film projected ... It’s a reimagining and it’s an adaptation of the film because all the characters are in place."

Set in modern day, the show follows two brothers who move to a seaside town in North Carolina with their single mother. Once there, they learn that the place is teeming with vampires. Branden Cook is set to play the older brother Garrett (inspired by Jason Patric's David); Lincoln Younes takes up the post of Benjamin, the charismatic lead vampire (based on Kiefer Sutherland's David); and Ruby Cruz is Elsie, a half-vampire, who finds a connection with Garrett (an ode to Jami Gertz's Star).

"Rob’s original script, or storyline, was that it would go through decades of the vampires," Mac reveals. "Going through the ‘60s, ‘70s, ‘80s and every season would have a different decade that they would travel through. The CW didn’t think that was a good idea, so that got passed on. I thought [the idea] was kind of cool, actually — it could’ve worked.""