What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Considering how good this is, I suppose I'll forgive them for Fatboy Slim. I also really hate that "We're Not Going Back" isn't on YouTube.

"Me and the Farmer" by the Housemartins

"Caravan of Love" by the Housemartins
&feature=related

there's a frog in my snake oil
Reggie Watts makes Fatboy Slim look like a po-faced man circling a tinned-music drain...

&t=22

The People's Republic of Clogher
Considering how good this is, I suppose I'll forgive them for Fatboy Slim. I also really hate that "We're Not Going Back" isn't on YouTube.
You'll need to forgive them for The Beautiful South as well.

But, damn, The Housemartins were a good band. Nearly as good as The Flying pickets...

Aaaanyway.

Leftfield - Space Shanty

Music fans, buy Audiosurf! Or, at the very least, try the free demo.

Imagine if Tetris was fresh and still fun and would change according to what was on your stereo.

Leftfield are mental on Audiosurf.

Michael Nyman - Chasing Sheep is Best Left to Shepherds (live - this version features Nyman doing his Jerry Lewis impersonation, starting about 3 minutes in. Don't think that was on the original soundtrack version)

I've been listening to this the last couple of days:
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I will follow you into the Dark...
&feature=fvst

Leftfield - Space Shanty

So I listened to this because of the Francis Bacon painting, but the song couldn't be further from what I feel a Francis Bacon painting should sound like. That being said, it could probably sound like anything.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Shame.

You can hear quite a bit of Kristin's recent stuff for free here: http://kristinhersh.cashmusic.org/

She's playing in Dundalk next month and I'm going to go if at all possible. Ain't seen her in a decade at least.

The Strange Angels thing is an interesting business model - $30 a quarter gets you two spots on a Throwing Muses guest list, $500 a visit to the studio, $1000 an album credit and $5000 a producer credit.

I know these are Tough Economic Times and all but I find it really sad that an artist of her calibre has to basically beg for charity.