What are you listening to while you're MoFoin' it?

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Listening to Rumer right now. She's fantastic. I can't say enough about her. Her debut album, Seasons Of My Soul is the only album I have brought within the last 10 years. And probably probably the only album I ever will buy until she comes out with a new one. She's absolutely sensational. If you like REAL music with a soulful jazzy vibe to it, a la Karen Carpenter, then please listen to her stuff. She's half Anglo half Pakistani and her voice is just. She's given me a little bit of hope that music is not all dead.

I'm specifically listening to Am I Forgiven? which is my favourite song of hers at the moment.

I don't know how to do this youtube box thing.

In case that didn't work, you guys can check the song here

Tom Jones is one of the greatest live performers in the history of the planet. Guy makes the same moves every single time and still manages to look like the sexiest, smoothest, coolest gent in the world. Not to mention that he's a really good-looking old man. Guy could sex up 20-year old hotties better than Justin Timberlake.

I really like Tom Jones.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Neil Young - Don't Cry

Feedback done properly. The shuffling, squeaky-voiced troubadour really is peerless.

wanna put a bubble round you like a force field switch...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
This one's for my ex-fiancee who's moving away tomorrow...

&feature=player_embedded

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
"Bad Ambassador" by the Divine Comedy

EDIT - Sarah played this one on her dj show at kxsc.org. She's streaming on Saturdays from 3-5PM. She's talking right now at 4:28 PM.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Van Morrison & The Chieftains - She Moved Through The Fair

George Ivan's status as the most truculent man in music must be on the wain because his stuff has been creeping on to YouTube for a while now - One got the sense that he would spend his waking hours trawling the site in open combat with those who wished to share his music. Still...

Sinéad O'Connor's version of this, the greatest of all Irish trad ballads, is probably my favorite but Van and The Chieftains' take is sonically, aurally perfect. Van's nyah (look it up ) is in rare form towards the end.