1940's Hall of Fame II

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I put my own nom, I Remember Mama 6th. One of these days I'll actually vote for my own movie
at point, juggling the list, I had mine around 7 or so. This was REALLY jammed back with great movies it was impossible to make any REAL order to them. I think the only ones I was truly happy with was the first three and everyone else kept getting switched around til I just gave up because I wasn't gonna be happy regardless lol

Sounds swell, Ed ! I will try to finish up the 14th HoF in the upcoming three weeks, so I could join the 70's without any stress. Afterwards, I'll likely take a quick break from the HoF's.
Which is why I keep moving to the end of the month to keep the space without getting too close to the holidays.
I'll be seeing if everyone is up for it or would prefer a little time before getting it going, so that the stress level is down and the enjoyment level is up. Which, in the end, IS one of the major goals of it.

Sweet. I've been really enjoying your noms. Glad to have you join in!

...Which is why I keep moving to the end of the month to keep the space without getting too close to the holidays.
I'll be seeing if everyone is up for it or would prefer a little time before getting it going, so that the stress level is down and the enjoyment level is up. Which, in the end, IS one of the major goals of it...
As always, it's up to you (the host) to decide when to start the Hof. I've done a lot lately so a little break is welcomed.

If I could give some advice, I'd say watch how the 14th Hof is going, at some point most members will be slowing down as they've watched most of the noms...then that might be a good time to start your Hof. Right now the 14th is going strong so people are focused on that and might not be so interested in joining another.

It's like playing cards, watch the deck it'll tell ya what to do.

As always, it's up to you (the host) to decide when to start the Hof. I've done a lot lately so a little break is welcomed.

If I could give some advice, I'd say watch how the 14th Hof is going, at some point most members will be slowing down as they've watched most of the noms...then that might be a good time to start your Hof. Right now the 14th is going strong so people are focused on that and might not be so interested in joining another.

It's like playing cards, watch the deck it'll tell ya what to do.
That was my plan EXACTLY. Let everyone get really involved and catch a breather. Wait for the wave to peak and come down as it were. I'd rather hold off for a greater HoF then rush it and ruin it for all.
So, yeah, it'll be tentative on how the 14th is going and where everyone is at.
And thanks, CR, always appreciate the voice of experience

Danni, you're in luck, this wasn't the countdown, this was a Hall of Fame movie watching event that a group of us joined. You should join one of these too, you'd be great fun.

The big MoFo Top 100 40's Countdown is hosted by SilentVamp and this is the thread about it here:
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...=49083&page=13
She already sent a list.

And that is probably why she was a little worried that she missed it.
I wouldn't wanna miss this☺. I think it's great that MoFos come together for a countdown.

I wouldn't wanna miss this☺. I think it's great that MoFos come together for a countdown.
they're a lot of fun, just keep an eye on the countdown thread for when the countdown will actually occur.

they're a lot of fun, just keep an eye on the countdown thread for when the countdown will actually occur.
Will do

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
That was my plan EXACTLY. Let everyone get really involved and catch a breather. Wait for the wave to peak and come down as it were. I'd rather hold off for a greater HoF then rush it and ruin it for all.
So, yeah, it'll be tentative on how the 14th is going and where everyone is at.
And thanks, CR, always appreciate the voice of experience
I would wait until the halfway point, at least, with the 14th before I would begin one. I think I did that with the Silent Film HoF. Or @Citizen Rules, did we do that with the musicals? I know there was one where I waited until one HoF was at a halfway point (that seems to be a "down" time for them) before I started one. I just don't remember which it was, and now it is all a blur to me. That is kind of strange because movies with rock music and silent films are nothing alike. But I can't remember what I did with them exactly anymore. And neither was that long ago to forget so soon.

It MAY have been one of the numbered HoF or the first 40's HoF when the musicals started -- kind of a blur for me too

and yeah, the halfway point or a little more is what I was looking for. The end of September is EXCEEDINGLY tentative and the Countdown will be in full gear as well so I don't won't to overload and I think the only real time table is trying to keep the majority of it BEFORE the holiday seasons of November and December.

I would wait until the halfway point, at least, with the 14th before I would begin one. I think I did that with the Silent Film HoF. Or @Citizen Rules, did we do that with the musicals?

I know there was one where I waited until one HoF was at a halfway point (that seems to be a "down" time for them) before I started one. I just don't remember which it was, and now it is all a blur to me.
Ha, it's all a blur to me too But yeah, I do remember talking to you about waiting for the (then) current Hof to slow down, so one of ours could start, but that's all I remember.