Kevin Bridges
Rhod Gilbert
Jimmy Carr
Ed Byrne
Trevor Noah
Dylan Moran
Tommy Tiernan
Lee Mack

... and more. Haven't even started on this list.

There's stoner twins I flipped upon the other day, but don't know who they are. I rather liked them. Need to check up on that.

Dara Ó Briain
Eddie Izzard
Billy Connoll
Frankie Boyle
Kevin Bridges
Rhod Gilbert
Jimmy Carr
Ed Byrne
Trevor Noah
Dylan Moran
Tommy Tiernan
Lee Mack

... and more. Haven't even started on this list.

There's stoner twins I flipped upon the other day, but don't know who they are. I rather liked them. Need to check up on that.
Fantastic list!

I like pretty much each one mentioned, but I will have to check some of the newer British ones since I am not too familiar.
I will add one more:
Sheryl Underwood - she is currently a talk show host in the US so she does not do too many standups but she used to. She was and is hilarious.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oooh. New names for me except for Minchin (brilliant). Will be clicking fo watch. Thanks!
He's a genius. I love him.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
If you can call musical standup a musical, he's the only one I can stand, and in fact, dig a lot.
Yeah I know I was pushing it a bit there, but he does break out stand up at his concerts.

Another I have pledged undying love and devotion to is

Very smart man.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Dov Davidoff -- he's original, and to me, that's (almost) enough... Won't make my Top 5, but pretty close as I only like a couple, even though it's one of three things I love (music, movies)

Bill Burr
George Carlin (the greatest ever, no dispute)
Steve-O
Norm Macdonald
Donald Trump if him standing at a podium and delivering his speeches are considered comedy, which to me, they are.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
To be fair, you have to have a fairly high IQ to understand MovieForums.com.

Not sure if this will qualify as a favorite, but on a lark I watched the first part (there are sort of "episodes") of James Acaster's Repertoire on Netflix, and it was great. Very odd, very experimental. It literally has a storyline and there are tons of clever little callbacks. Haven't seen much like it. I appreciated all the new ideas he brought to the thing, as well as the odd mix of silliness and somber topics. Great stuff, looking forward to the other "episodes" in the series, I hope they're equally as funny and inventive.

James Acaster has really tuned in over the last two or three years. I know his style and delivery puts alot of people off, but I love it.