→ in
Tools    

My List
#1. The Witch (Robert Eggers, 2015)
#3. Possession (Andrzej Zulawski, 1981)
#4. Perfect Blue (Satoshi Kon, 1997)
#5. Repulsion (Roman Polanski, 1965)
#6. Deep Red (Dario Argento, 1975)
#7. Eyes Without a Face (Georges Franju, 1960)
#8. Suspiria (Dario Argento, 1977)
#11. Onibaba (Kineto Shindo, 1964)
#12. Nosferatu the Vampyre (Werner Herzog, 1979)
#14. The Innocents (Jack Clayton, 1961)
#15. Angst (Gerald Kargl, 1983)
#17. The Wailing (Hong-jin Na, 2016)
#21. Vampyr (Carl Theodor Dreyer, 1932)
#22. Raw (Julia Ducournau, 2016)
#25. The Haunting (Robert Wise, 1963)

Suspiria (1977)
Runtime: 1 Hr 38 Mins
Production Company: Seda Spettacoli
Distributed by Produzioni Atlas Consorziate
Box Office: ₤1.43 Billion (Italy), $1.8 Million (North American Rentals)
Twenty One Votes
343 Points (25, 24, 24, 22, 21, 21, 21, 20, 19, 19, 18, 17, 16, 16, 13, 10, 9, 9, 8, 7, 4)
High Voter: @cat_sidhe

Suzy Bannion decided to perfect her ballet studies in the most famous school of dance in Europe. She chose the celebrated academy of Freiburg. One day, at nine in the morning, she left Kennedy airport, New York, and arrived in Germany at 10:40pm local time.

Main Title by Goblin
Oh **** YES it made the top 10.

I’m not a fan of Suspiria and was low-key hoping Dead-Alive took its spot.
You should call it by its original title. BRAINDEAD.

Almost voted for it. Dead-Alive is its AKA.

I've not seen Suspiria, I wonder if I would like it?
Probably not but it's gorgeous so if you want a visual feast that's your bitch. But asked on the spot: I don't think you'd like it.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
You should call it by its original title. BRAINDEAD.

Almost voted for it. Dead-Alive is its AKA.
But I like Dead-Alive better.

Suspect's Reviews

Wauw, I did not expect Suspiria to rank this high... I though Top 20 maybe, but not Top 10 let alone 9th place. Damn. It is awesome in atmosphere with the visuals and sound but I kinda expected all the top tens to have a bit more in almost every department. I’m not mad seeing it here, it definitely deserves to be on the list, but I think it might be a little bit too high... in my opinion of course. There’s a lot of love for it I realize that. .

Wauw, I did not expect Suspiria to rank this high... I though Top 20 maybe, but not Top 10 let alone 9th place.
Oh ye of little faith.

Personally I think it should have been slightly higher.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Todd and I saw Suspiria when it came out locally, and it was probably the loudest movie I'd ever heard, so the Goblin soundtrack was overpowering. It played in the U.S. originally cut though, so that muted our enjoyment because we would patiently wait through the set-up and then bang - no big pay-off. Still the blue/red lighting scheme was just as intense as the score and sound, and we just assumed the lack of logic was due to the added cuts, but it took us years to learn that the uncut version was just as irrational. Still we loved our first immersive theatrical experience with Argento. My brother bought the record and played it all the time, driving our dad crazy - "Put some pretty music on Todd instead of that noise *****." We had seen a few of his older movies chopped up on commercial TV, but from then on we sought out uncut versions of everything he and his mentor Mario Bava did.

Awesome color and soundtrack, but otherwise Suspiria does nothing for me. I don't like Braindead either.

Never thought I'd say this but cricket....FIGHT ME!