Your Top 5 Favorite Adam Sandler Movies

Tools    

I usually dismiss any Adam Sandler movie. I do not go out of my way to watch them, but occasionally I will stop if I find one flipping the channels. I'm actually surprised I can list 5 that I considered decent:

Click
50 First Dates
Happy Gilmore
Mr. Deeds
Bedtime Stories (the kids enjoy it)

(Yes, I said Mr. Deeds. Even though it is a very poor imitation of the Frank Capra/Gary Cooper classic, it is one of Adam Sandler's better movies.)

I'm most surprised that you felt you needed to justify Mr Deeds when you have Click on that list.

I only felt the need to justify Mr. Deeds because of my self-proclaimed Frank Capra fandom. I use Mr. Deeds when I argue that some classic films need to be left alone and not remade. Mr. Deeds Goes to Town is a classic (#4 on my favorites list) and it should never have been redone, however, I will admit it is one of Sandler's better movies.

Click, while trying to be very Capraesque with shades of It's a Wonderful Life, is not a direct remake of anything. I know a lot of people don't like it at all, but I enjoyed it ok. Far superior to Billy Madison.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Punch Drunk Love
Uncut Gems
Just Go with It
Pixels
Murder Mystery

I thought I was the only person in the world who liked Pixels.

My Darth Star is in for a service
Not a fan, can't think of a single movie he has made that I liked or finished watching.
I guess it's because I am a Brit but I find it hard to like modern American comedy movies.
Come to think of it I find it hard to think of a decent modern British comedy too.

Geez I sound like a right grumpy guts.

Here’s looking at you, kid.
I grew up in the 90’s, so a lot of my favorite films definitely sway towards some of his original films. I also despise most of the films he has come out with in recent years, and as such have learned to avoid them to preserve my own well being. I also have not seen “Punch Drunk Love”, which I hear is a phenomenal movie, otherwise I may have listed it. Without further ado, A Life of Adam Sandler in Cinema: Top 5 Films:

•Billy Madison

•The Waterboy

•Happy Gilmore

•Big Daddy

•Uncut Gems

In no particular order,

Longest Yard
50 First Dates
Anger Management
Big Daddy
Happy Gilmore

Here's my thread on the subject, a thread that was written BEFORE I saw Uncut Gems...I would now place Uncut Gems at # 2 and push everything else back:

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...ad.php?t=58378

1. Happy Gilmore
2. Billy Madison
3. Uncut Gems
4. Grown Ups
5. Reign Over Me.

Eh. The only two Sandler movies I can sit through anymore are Punch-Drunk Love and Spanglish.

So nice to see some love for Spanglish...I think it's one of Sandler's most underrated performances.

1. Click
2. Anger Management
3. Spanglish
4. 50 First Dates
5. The Wedding Singer

Click really did nothing for me...it wasn't terrible, but it didn't make me laugh like a lot of his comedies do...the best thing about Click, if the truth be told, was Henry Winkler's performance as his dad.

Wedding Singer

50 First Dates

Billy Madison

Big Daddy

Zohan (have not seen it but it looks great)

You Don't Mess with the Zohan was more silly than funny...and it was about 25 minutes longer than it needed to be.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Uncut Gems
Happy Gilmore
The Waterboy
The Longest Yard (loved the original and was happy to see Burt Reynolds now play Nate and Kevin Nash's "transformation" was hilarious)
Punch-Drunk Love

These are my 5 favorite Sandler films